Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

In the 250PMO class a couple weeks ago, had a repeat student from a large west coast L/E special weapons team with a 2.0 CORE with a 4.25" Apex bbl. That combination flat out works, both function & accuracy.

Name:  IMG_5143.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  39.1 KB

Apparently, out of the nearly fifty cops there, half are using that combination. Going down the road of "the true test of another man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you" - I agree with the gentleman about the majority of the set-up.

I might spring for a 5.0 Core for R&D, where is the best place to get one and what is the going price?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Good question. I haven't looked for any of the 5" models, maybe J&G otherwise no idea. I'm going to pick-up a 4.25" CORE after the next teaching trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Good question. I haven't looked for any of the 5" models, maybe J&G otherwise no idea. I'm going to pick-up a 4.25" CORE after the next teaching trip.
    None at J&G, buds has them but retail store only. No online purchase.

I’ve been looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    So are the 2.0 core models other than the 5” ported available outside LE purchase circles ?

M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I might spring for a 5.0 Core for R&D, where is the best place to get one and what is the going price?
    https://oakhillguns.com/pistol/smith-wesson.html

Get it while it’s hot.

ETA: Never mind OOS.

I played with a few back when they first dropped in 2017 (non CORE version). Looking back through my notes, I see that I dropped them for two main reasons:

1. One of my three grouped well at 25 yards with a variety of ammo. One would only group well with specific ammo. One wouldn't group well with anything and went back to Smith for a new barrel and extractor. It was acceptable after that.
    2. One of my three had problems extracting - the one that went back to Smith. It ran fine after it came back, but there were quite a few reports of other M&P 2.0's developing extraction issues at low round counts (over 1,000).

At the time, there were quite a few reports of problems with magazines that suggested weak magazine springs, though I never had issues with any of my magazines. Still, the reports were widespread enough that I preemptively purchased +10% springs.

I LOVED the way they shot. Felt recoil is modest and the front sight returns to the rear notch quickly without much extra movement. Triggers are decent and clean up well. They are easy guns to shoot well.

But...finding a pair of them that ran and grouped with a decent variety of ammo was nearly as much of a challenge with the 2.0 as it was with the 1.0. I ended up going with the 320 (and didn't that work out great? I still can't safely carry the damn things).

If current users are putting rounds through them and having acceptable accuracy and reliability, especially with a pair or brace of them, then it may be time to take another look (speaking for myself).

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Have you also used the ETS 21rd mags?
    I have one and it does what it is supposed to.
    Had a couple of the 17rnd versions and they didn't seem as nice, maybe i was just not attracted to them because i have so many factory mags.
    But i would buy more of the 21 round versions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have one and it does what it is supposed to.
    Had a couple of the 17rnd versions and they didn't seem as nice, maybe i was just not attracted to them because i have so many factory mags.
    But i would buy more of the 21 round versions.

I picked up 2 21 rounders and a 17 to see how they ran.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I picked up 2 21 rounders and a 17 to see how they ran.

Seems like the 17s ran but didn't drop out of the Gen1s

User Tag List