Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I received two new CORE 5 inch pistols today. On one of them, my preferred M/L grip piece in the box was so deformed it would not go on the pistol. On the other one, the overtravel stop was misssing, and the hole was not even drilled. Suggests that Smith is rushing to get product out the door.
    If I "Like" this, it might appear I am chuckling at @GJM's problems. So I'll just say I unlike it to indicate that I sympathize with his receipt of less-than-satisfactory products.

Now that that's clear . . .

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    If I "Like" this, it might appear I am chuckling at @GJM's problems. So I'll just say I unlike it to indicate that I sympathize with his receipt of less-than-satisfactory products.

Now that that's clear . . .
    The defects are merely amusing — the 2.0 pistols are orders of magnitude better than the 1.0 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The defects are merely amusing — the 2.0 pistols are orders of magnitude better than the 1.0 pistols.
    Yeah . . . I was afraid you were going to say that. I shot the 1.0 M&Ps for a number of years, and although I liked the feel, and how they pointed (more like the 1911s than others, to me anyway), but after a few problems (inconsistent accuracy, "dead" trigger, etc), I went mostly to Glocks. They've run fine, but are a bit fat for my stubby hands, although I shoot them OK (for me).

But, with what you said, I'm thinking I ought to give the M&Ps another try. Thanks for that (seriously).

Name:  977F1419-3EE8-44FA-8A02-95EC46949719.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  70.1 KB

@GJM - - - You are clearly clouding my normally insanely rational thinking (as evidenced by my oxymoronic English)

I received two new CORE 5 inch pistols today. On one of them, my preferred M/L grip piece in the box was so deformed it would not go on the pistol. On the other one, the overtravel stop was misssing, and the hole was not even drilled. Suggests that Smith is rushing to get product out the door.
    That’s been my experience with S&W from the 2.0’s beginning. Very poor QC on random things. But at least the guns will group consistently...

They seem to be running well for folks now, too.

@SoCalDep
    What are you guys using for holsters on SRO equipped guns?
    I am trying to find one for a 5" M&P and they seem to not exist.
    The M&Ps lock up differently than a Glock MOS in a 6360RDS and it is impossible to remove enough material for the ALS to lock without seriously compromising the part.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    @SoCalDep
    What are you guys using for holsters on SRO equipped guns?
    I am trying to find one for a 5" M&P and they seem to not exist.
    The M&Ps lock up differently than a Glock MOS in a 6360RDS and it is impossible to remove enough material for the ALS to lock without seriously compromising the part.
    The CORE with an SRO will fit in a 6360 series holster but as you said, the ALS will not function, which means a “no go” for duty use. My samples are both for Glocks but both the Blackhawk T-Series and US Duty Gear will take SROs so I’m hopeful the M&P versions will also.

Short answer right now is that on my department one can’t carry a COR/SRO in the field in patrol right now.

From C&H, the Boom squad on a plate for the 509T for the CORE:

We'll have a batch of them done the end of this week / mid part of next week. You'll need to have your slide modified by us to add two new M3 mounting screw holes.

From C&H, the Boom squad on a plate for the 509T for the CORE:

We'll have a batch of them done the end of this week / mid part of next week. You'll need to have your slide modified by us to add two new M3 mounting screw holes.
    That sucks. As much as I’ve tried my department will not allow any modification to the pistol.

User Tag List