Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    2.0 plates are no longer metal.
    So the OEM gen. 1 CORE plates were metal & the gen. 2 are now plastic?

Until the C&H plates are available can folks use the gen. 1 plates in a gen. 2?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    So the OEM gen. 1 CORE plates were metal & the gen. 2 are now plastic?

Until the C&H plates are available can folks use the gen. 1 plates in a gen. 2?
    Different dimension.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have great results with my Gen 1 CORE "optics ready" upper on my old M&P Gen 1 5 inch 40.
    Thank you very much for this feedback, I went ahead and snagged one, ended up going for lockedloaded.com for $348 shipped insured. I have been circling the drain, wanting an optic gun without the $700 entry cost. This way I get something out of what is just holding down a shelf in the safe as bonus!

But wow, pricing seems to be dynamic on these, when I logged back in to get the link the price had been changed!! They were up to $399 on Primary Arms.

Now the trolling for the RMR starts...

Am I remembering correctly that the 2.0 40 pistols have a thicker slide and won’t fit 9mm holsters?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Am I remembering correctly that the 2.0 40 pistols have a thicker slide and won’t fit 9mm holsters?
    I do not think so, it has always been my understanding that the M&P was configured to be big enough for 40, and at least all of my 1.0 guns (9/40/45) all fit the same holster (I would order 4.5" 45 holsters that would accommodate the whole gang).

But if you are referencing my purchase, that PC slide is all 1.0 stuff anyway.

ETA: If there are any issues with accuracy I will do the Apex barrel, I have fitted one in one of my other pistols.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-28-2020 at 12:33 PM.

You are correct. I have 2.0 COREs in both calibers. When I couldn’t fit the 40 into the Safariland duty holster I used for the 9, I took a dial caliper to the slides. The 40 slide is thicker. There are some ribs in the holster that I’m going to try to remove.
    I do have a JMCK IWB with a RDS cut that will fit both.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    You are correct. ... The 40 slide is thicker. ... I do have a JMCK IWB with a RDS cut that will fit both.
    Learn something every day... Almost all me gear is JMCK and it all fit, so I never had a reason to measure...

Site Supporter
    No issues with M&P Gen 1 5 inch 40 slides in multiple different M&P long slide "9"holsters. Of course, if there were, all mine are old school kydex and I have a heat gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    You are correct. I have 2.0 COREs in both calibers. When I couldn’t fit the 40 into the Safariland duty holster I used for the 9, I took a dial caliper to the slides. The 40 slide is thicker. There are some ribs in the holster that I’m going to try to remove.
    I do have a JMCK IWB with a RDS cut that will fit both.
    So I picked up my 4.25" PC CORE .40.ported it fits my Safariland 6390 RDS though it is tighter than with the 320. I don't have a 9mm M&P to compare it to.

Maybe the PC slides are thinner but I have another theory.

How old is you Safariland holster ? Safariland originally made two different RDS duty holsters for M&P and SIGs.

About two years ago there was a Safariland "drought" where RDS duty holsters were unavailable for about 6 to 9 months. When I finally got the SIG RDS duty holster I ordered via an LE dealer, the bag said it was for the SIG but the Holster said it was for S&W...

I called the dealer, who called Safariland. TLDR Safariland had fit issues with the early / separate S&W and SIG RDS holsters. Their solution was to engineer a new holster which fit both.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So I picked up my 4.25" PC CORE .40.ported it fits my Safariland 6390 RDS though it is tighter than with the 320. I don't have a 9mm M&P to compare it to.

Maybe the PC slides are thinner but I have another theory.

How old is you Safariland holster ? Safariland originally made two different RDS duty holsters for M&P and SIGs.

About two years ago there was a Safariland "drought" where RDS duty holsters were unavailable for about 6 to 9 months. When I finally got the SIG RDS duty holster I ordered via an LE dealer, the bag said it was for the SIG but the Holster said it was for S&W...

I called the dealer, who called Safariland. TLDR Safariland had fit issues with the early / separate S&W and SIG RDS holsters. Their solution was to engineer a new holster which fit both.
    We got them in the spring.

User Tag List