Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with the optic getting fouled from spent gases from the LCI?
    The SRO’s snorkel protrudes far enough forward, the lens is protected. I can see it happening with an RMR. Lens cleaner is effective on the Legion that has a LCI.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with the optic getting fouled from spent gases from the LCI?
    The LC hole sits underneath the front foreskin of the SRO so it’s not really an issue.

I have been working very hard practicing reloads but have been struggling with getting consistent fast mag changes with the core. My wife got tired of me complaining and took a Dremel to one of mine today.

Name:  026EF972-6657-408D-98FD-0CD3EE578AE0.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  36.4 KB

What prevents over insertion of a magazine, especially an extended one, in the M&P?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What prevents over insertion of a magazine, especially an extended one, in the M&P?
    The ejector....

Supposedly you can use a 1/4 or 5/16 (i think) set screw and take off the piece holding the bqckstrap and the set screw will thread in and hold back strap on, eliminating the large overhanging piece.

I have been working very hard practicing reloads but have been struggling with getting consistent fast mag changes with the core. My wife got tired of me complaining and took a Dremel to one of mine today.

Name:  026EF972-6657-408D-98FD-0CD3EE578AE0.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  36.4 KB

On my 1.0’s if I apply pressure on the bottom of the mag with the slide locked, the top round doesn’t touch the ejector with factory base pads and my TTI 140’s. I can slide a thin piece of paper between the round and ejector.

If I do the same test with TF Triple Threat or Springer 140’s the top round touches the ejector. It’s not hard contact.

I’ve done some pretty abusive slide lock reloads and never hurt the ejector, to include slamming full size mags into a slide locked 1.0 9C. It never hurt the ejector. Probably because I didn’t know better lol.

YMMV

Are you guys running the factory CORE plate for the SRO, or aftermarket plate? 11828 inbound...

Thanks

The SRO’s snorkel protrudes far enough forward, the lens is protected. I can see it happening with an RMR. Lens cleaner is effective on the Legion that has a LCI.

A buddy just got the 5" 2.0 pc with the crimson trace dot. Only core model and was 759, which seemed a solid price.

The pc trigger is a bit nicer than my several thousand round standard 5". I'm certainly not one who is trigger sensitive but his pc trigger felt similar to the vp9 or i was feeling up.

The pc slide stop is nice and I'll be grabbing one.

The crimson trace looks to be a shield sms copy, auto only. He plans on getting an sro and told me i can shoot the ct until it breaks. For a cheap plastic dot, i bet it'd be alright on a 22. See how it holds up to a low round count.

His black pc gun doesn't seem to have the same flex that my fde gun does, in that when i hold my fde gun with normal grip pressure it flexes the frame enough to retard magazine insertion. Not so on his black pc frame. Not sure what's up with that.

Overall i think that the pc guns are nice enough that if i end up with another m&p it'll be one of those rather than a franken gun I'm currently running.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Are you guys running the factory CORE plate for the SRO, or aftermarket plate? 11828 inbound...

Thanks
    Both and haven’t noticed a difference although the CHPWS plate looks better.

User Tag List