Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Testing alternate ammo, I shot one five round group at 20 yards with Lawman 124 out of my CORE 1.

Name:  7579A771-1739-4D4C-A83B-A2C12620604B.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  26.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    4” optic ready model just released to civilians as well.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...t-optics-ready
    I just heard a collective gasp of joy from my group of .40 and .45 M&P 1.0s. And I'm pretty sure my wallet just muttered something about shit getting real...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

First S&W brings out a G19 sized M&P with the compact, now an optics ready 19 sized pistol. What could be next — a Shield with a higher capacity magazine. Good things are happening, but they sure take their time in Massachusetts.

I may have missed it but are there any impressions of the ported Shield(s) for dot use?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    First S&W brings out a G19 sized M&P with the compact, now an optics ready 19 sized pistol. What could be next — a Shield with a higher capacity magazine. Good things are happening, but they sure take their time in Massachusetts.
    Hopefully this is true...

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/s...r-140-percent/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I may have missed it but are there any impressions of the ported Shield(s) for dot use?
    My dad carries a ported shield 1.0 PC model. No dot, but it does have a better texture and trigger (basically the 2.0 before the 2.0 was a thing).

He has psoriatic arthritis in the base of his dominant hand thumb, and had trouble even shooting a 4" model 64 with factory ammo, but he tells me the shield is much easier on his hand.

I think for such a small gun with the role of deep concealment, porting fits the bill pretty well. I'd carry one myself but I have a trim enough build to carry a G19 sized gun concealed with no problems so it's not a purchase I need to make.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Porting on a carry gun never made much sense to me, but I haven’t messed with one for quite a while. I’ve seen some fireballs out of ported, short-barrel carry guns which affected low-light vision negatively. Maybe the powders are better now, flash-wise, but I still think of porting as a gamer mod.

I got an SRO on Duke’s five inch Core and got it zeroed today. Through the optic, the benefit of porting was immediately obvious, as the dot moved less in the display and was ready to shoot earlier. I may experiment with using it as a training gun, to try to increase my eye speed.

I also received my Core 4.25, mounted a SRO, and put that upper on a Compact lower. Very attractive and shootable combo.

Late last week, I got an Apex FSS trigger installed in my number one competition Core. The reduction is reset in marvelous!

Good to hear, i have a FSS curved setup coming. I think that 4.25" CORE upper on a 4" compact frame would be a great setup!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got an SRO on Duke’s five inch Core and got it zeroed today. Through the optic, the benefit of porting was immediately obvious, as the dot moved less in the display and was ready to shoot earlier. I may experiment with using it as a training gun, to try to increase my eye speed.

I also received my Core 4.25, mounted a SRO, and put that upper on a Compact lower. Very attractive and shootable combo.

Late last week, I got an Apex FSS trigger installed in my number one competition Core. The reduction is reset in marvelous!

Has anyone had any issues with the optic getting fouled from spent gases from the LCI?

User Tag List