Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Please compare and contrast the Apex trigger to the PC OEM trigger. Also, anyone had an Apex barrel fitted to a 2.0, and if so, what did they notice.

What plate for an Acro on a CORE?
    If I’m being honest, one of the first things I did was remove the factory PC trigger and replace it with an Apex Duty Carry trigger kit with the Poly/Curved trigger. While the pull and the break on the factory PC trigger felt pretty good, I’ve always disliked the hinged shoe on the M&Ps. The curved factory shoe just always felt kinda wonky to me and just never felt good to my trigger finger.

The Apex Aluminum/Curved FSS Kit is really slick and can be lightened up from where mine is at 4.5lb to significantly lighter if you wish. I’m planning on keeping the Apex FSS installed in my duty gun based off of how I shot with it over the past two days.

I believe CHPWS has an ACRO plate for the new 2020 CORE/“Optics Ready” footprint but it’s not available yet.

Word is that Aimpoint is releasing a updated ACRO with significantly improved battery life using a 2032 battery very soon.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 09-09-2020 at 08:21 PM.

I may not have given the CORE a fair shake in accuracy evaluation. All this pressing on Gen 5 pistols, had me messing with the CORE. Shaking the pistol back and forth, it felt loose. Then I reflected on the Glock guide rod I had put in. I replaced it with the OEM RSA, and the gun seemed much tighter. Shot a quick five shot group at 25 and got this.

Name:  8F7C0169-B42F-40FC-B720-545F4F197AD9.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  43.8 KB

Since I know PF is a ten shoot group forum, I went back and quickly shot another five rounds to make it a ten round group.

Name:  F4ADDA28-9AE9-4C9B-AC42-9A9E26287E5E.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  42.8 KB

It seems like the CORE shoots tighter, and quite decently at 25 yards, with the OEM RSA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I may not have given the CORE a fair shake in accuracy evaluation. All this pressing on Gen 5 pistols, had me messing with the CORE. Shaking the pistol back and forth, it felt loose. Then I reflected on the Glock guide rod I had put in. I replaced it with the OEM RSA, and the gun seemed much tighter. Shot a quick five shot group at 25 and got this.

Name:  8F7C0169-B42F-40FC-B720-545F4F197AD9.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  43.8 KB

Since I know PF is a ten shoot group forum, I went back and quickly shot another five rounds to make it a ten round group.

Name:  F4ADDA28-9AE9-4C9B-AC42-9A9E26287E5E.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  42.8 KB

It seems like the CORE shoots tighter, and quite decently at 25 yards, with the OEM RSA.
    Wow, I would say so!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Fantastic - would love to see this be consistent across a large sampling of newer M&Ps.

Also, would you adopt me please? I mean, I'm blessed with a very good job through which our needs are well met, but I simply don't allocate this much of our resources to guns, and I sometimes get a sad. It would be nice to have at least two copies of every possible option of every respectable gun on the market...with and without optics. Not everyone has that.

Site Supporter
    4” optic ready model just released to civilians as well.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...t-optics-ready

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post

@JM Campbell

Finally, a compact CORE! Those front serrations look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post

That's the ticket! Awesome.

Wow that group is intense - I need to try one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List