Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    From outside looking in I don’t see any advantage. They’re sizes are a little odd. I’m not sure why they have a compact with a different slide that the 4.25. A 4.25 Core with a compact frame sounds like a great carry option to me.
    Will that work — can you drop the Core 4.25 on a Compact lower?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If these work out, I was thinking about having a pair for competition and buying a 4.25 for carry. Interestingly, right now I am running the five inch absolutely stock, and not sure what the advantage of a shorter one would be given I would using either an appendix holster or a Safariland ALS?
    I carried a 5” M&P PC 1.0 for years AIWB.

For concealment nothing since the grip is the same, comfort wise will be highly personal on if the 4.25” hits you in a better spot than the 5”. Theoretically the 4.25” would clear leather 15% faster but at your level and work you put in probably doesn’t matter.

If these work out, I was thinking about having a pair for competition and buying a 4.25 for carry. Interestingly, right now I am running the five inch absolutely stock, and not sure what the advantage of a shorter one would be given I would using either an appendix holster or a Safariland ALS?
    I think the 4.25 is a little more forgiving of less than perfect grip - while still tracking mostly as flat as the 5”

These 2 draws And splits are virtually the same but I recall feeling like I didn’t have hold of the 5”

Before I forget, can someone confirm, or reconfirm, that you can drop a 2.0 Core 4.25 upper on a 2.0 Compact lower?

To recap, I got the Core Wednesday, shot it Thursday and Friday, and took it to a match today. I really like to be a lot more prepared, but I enjoyed shooting the Core enough those two days of practice that I decided to wing it. First stage was screwed up, but I settled in, and shot it progressively stronger throughout the day. Ended up with a good match, 141 Alphas, 24 Charlies, 2 Deltas, and no mikes or no shoots. It was a delight to shoot, and it felt enough easier to shoot than my Glocks, that if nothing untoward develops, it is a no brainer upgrade for me. Here is my match video.

Before I forget, can someone confirm, or reconfirm, that you can drop a 2.0 Core 4.25 upper on a 2.0 Compact lower?

To recap, I got the Core Wednesday, shot it Thursday and Friday, and took it to a match today. I really like to be a lot more prepared, but I enjoyed shooting the Core enough those two days of practice that I decided to wing it. First stage was screwed up, but I settled in, and shot it progressively stronger throughout the day. Ended up with a good match, 141 Alphas, 24 Charlies, 2 Deltas, and no mikes or no shoots. It was a delight to shoot, and it felt enough easier to shoot than my Glocks, that if nothing untoward develops, it is a no brainer upgrade for me. Here is my match video.

Yes you can.

The compact frame and 4.25 upper work like are made for each other:

Name:  B49A1EC9-5071-43E5-90C8-461AA1BE40F3.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  37.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yes you can.

The compact frame and 4.25 upper work like are made for each other
    I felt another competitor’s Apex trigger in a M&P today, and prefer the OEM PC trigger on my 5 inch Core. What trigger options are there for the Compact frame, if I plop a 4.25 Core upper on?

Site Supporter
    I’m just hoping to find one of these one day.

Name:  D7DEC855-1606-483A-9DC2-55B769799332.jpeg
Views: 511
Size:  24.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I’m just hoping to find one of these one day.

Name:  D7DEC855-1606-483A-9DC2-55B769799332.jpeg
Views: 511
Size:  24.1 KB
    You and me both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Will that work — can you drop the Core 4.25 on a Compact lower?
    Yep... One of my carry guns:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I felt another competitor’s Apex trigger in a M&P today, and prefer the OEM PC trigger on my 5 inch Core. What trigger options are there for the Compact frame, if I plop a 4.25 Core upper on?
    I added an over travel stop to my compact frame, and with the Wolff reduced striker spring it feels pretty much like the PC gun.

I take a pass on the tungsten guide rod though - tried it and felt it was too far the other direction regarding muzzle dip/rise

You can try mixing some apex springs/sear with the oem trigger shoe and see if you like that.

The forward set sear can only be used with the matching forward set trigger shoe though.

User Tag List