Thread: M&P Core

Thanks assholes.

Based on this thread and this thread
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....stic-Platforms

I now own this
    Name:  5651C0E4-B9F1-48BB-B9EC-A9EE50834F9D.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  92.9 KB

But I am down 2 P320s and a G19 sold locally.

What are my optic options for this thing?

Other than an AR I have RDS experience with a Sig Romeo 1 on a 320RX and a 507k on a 365xl. Would prefer something to mimic the 507k to try and stay somewhat consistent across guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    What are my optic options for this thing?

Other than an AR I have RDS experience with a Sig Romeo 1 on a 320RX and a 507k on a 365xl. Would prefer something to mimic the 507k to try and stay somewhat consistent across guns.
    Competition or other use? If carry, a 507 V2 would be the big brother to your 507k. For comp, a SRO would be ideal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Competition or other use? If carry, a 507 V2 would be the big brother to your 507k. For comp, a SRO would be ideal.
    Thanks, use for now will be more getting used to the RDS. I’ll dig around with the 507 and SRO and see what I think.

SteveB got his Core 4.25 yesterday and mine is in the way.

What are folks doing about the trigger, guide rod, recoil spring and striker spring — all stock or modified?
    4.25" CORE 1.0 (ported slide)
    un-ported KKM barrel
    Wolff steel guide rod, with Wolff 13# or 14# recoil spring.
    Extra power striker spring.
    Apex FSS trigger kit
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Mine is still on the way, so I haven’t felt the trigger yet. Seems like some differences of opinion between Duke with basically a stock trigger and others using the Apex FSS. Thoughts?

Mine is still on the way, so I haven’t felt the trigger yet. Seems like some differences of opinion between Duke with basically a stock trigger and others using the Apex FSS. Thoughts?
    I actually like the factory Performance Center trigger so far, I need to get more time on it. I do like the Apex polymer triggers with duty kit in my v1s though (I liked the aluminum trigger shoe and duty kit in my shield but it was the only option at the time, the polymer version for v1 worked just “as well” at a lower cost). I have never used or shot the FSS Apex kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    When I was shooting 2.0's all I swapped were sights and the polymer Apex trigger shoe.

Having had a fair amount of experience with the M&P 1.0 versions (9, 40 , 45, 9c, 45c and Shield 9), I thought the .45’s were the sweet spot accuracy-wise. I had lousy luck with a series of M&P9’s; even with aftermarket barrels, I couldn’t get them to shoot. Loved the ergos, though. Now that we have the 2.0 CORE, I thought I’d give it a try. Even though this is a Pro Series pistol, it arrived with a 6 lb trigger. I got an Apex FSS trigger, a C&H mounting plate for an SRO, and some 10-8 +0 basepads. Never liked the factory base pads as they stick out too far in front. Compact pads work better, but the 10-8 are the best IMO.

Name:  81A43011-E81E-49D9-9CAF-9832D7AFB65F.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  55.8 KB

The FSS is a spectacular upgrade over the factory trigger; less than half the pull weight, short, smooth, better trigger shape for me. One big engineering improvement with the CORE is that it is no longer necessary to drift out the rear sight in order to access the striker block. The C&H plate is nicely buttressed fore & aft, and the SRO mounts solidly. Cowitness is barely visible; just fine as this is a range gun for me, but I want to see a bit more sight picture for carry.

Name:  FDAAB834-3348-4CD2-B3D3-4067DF24F9A8.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  100.4 KB

Had to go to an indoor range, so no shooting for groups, but I think this 2.0 is going to be just fine. The 5 MOA SRO is perfect on this gun; M&P’s point so well for me, the dot is right on every time. Not only is the grip texture improved, the backstrap unit is wider, giving me more contact area for the heel of my support hand. 150 rounds of AE ball, 115, 124, 147 ran great, shot great. Same with some 115 Gold Dot. Next up will be some shooting at 25. So far, it’s a thumbs up.

My 2.0 Core finally arrived, although the plate and extensions are still in USPS jail.

Initial impression was this is heavier than a Glock, and a quick check looks like about 4 ounces heavier. The out of the box PC trigger, to my tastes, was flat better than any Glock trigger I have, custom or otherwise. I was having interference from the over travel stop, pulling one hand, and adjusted it some, solving that issue. Without the C&H plate, I used the OEM piece with the Trijicon OEM screws. That allows a lower co-witness with the BUIS, as apparently the C&H plate is enough taller to make that tough. It feels really good in the hand and I can’t wait to shoot it tomorrow. This seems a much improved pistol from the 1.0.

Name:  5AAC8AB0-7F81-42FF-8FD5-D444EF2A14A7.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  48.8 KB

User Tag List