Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I had found a few of the M2.0 compacts on GB and purchased one. It arrived today. The front serrations are a very nice addition and look quite good. Another nice, unexpected surprise were the extended slide release levers. I've been following the release of this pistol since it was announced and don't remember ever hearing about extended slide levers.
    Attachment 62962
    They're noticeably bigger than the levers on my other M2.0s
    Attachment 62963
    Some other observations:
    -Slide to frame fit was tight but not in a negative way.
    -Trigger take up is a bit gritty but I'm hopeful it smooths out with some use.
    -Thumb Safety. The only reason I got the TS model was because the vendor I found these guns at was selling them for $70 less than NTS models. As easy and cheap as it is to remove the safety I figured it was a minor inconvenience. Having said that, the safety isn't bad. It's activation/deactivation is crisp and tactile.
    -I'm not a big fan of the plastic plates. I'm sure they're fine but I really dislike how much the hang over the slide. Probably just an esthetic thing but it's going to require me to either slightly modify the plate or a couple of my EDC holsters. I think when I can acquire a CHPWS plate it will be a non-issue.
    Attachment 62965
    Attachment 62966
    Attachment 62967
    Attachment 62968

Overall, I really like the features S&W put into this pistol and I'm glad it's finally available. I'm really looking forward to putting it to work and trying to decide what optic to use.
    Attachment 62969
    I need me some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I need me some of that.

Me, too. BTW, the C and H Boom guys said a 509T CORE plate is about a month out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Me, too. BTW, the C and H Boom guys said a 509T CORE plate is about a month out.
    Best news all day so far. Thanks.

AKA: SkyLine1

Am revisiting the idea again:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/smith-an...e-assembly-5in

I previously abandoned the idea when the kits were $340 and new M&Ps were $410 and milling was $160, but now the CORE guns are $700 and this kit could drop onto the M&P40 that already has a Apex trigger. Does anybody have any experience with them? I guess it would be a 1.0 9mm, I cannot really speak to any prior experience with 1.0 9mm (in?)accuracy because before I shot mine much it got an Apex barrel. I know if I actually do the math the $700 gun is a great deal, but I already have the M&P40 sitting here, and a buttload of magazines and several thousand rounds of ammo that I could save for a rainy day.

Just running this up the flagpole to see if anybody else has any knowledge, cause like Emil Faber said, Knowledge Is Good.

At the range just now, something looked funny during a string.

Name:  005174CC-7C42-474C-B0E5-8BFC6E866DA4.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  45.3 KB

Got home and found this:

Name:  824F336E-B5BD-4F54-996A-8B229D591C67.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  32.7 KB

That was with an OEM plate.

At the range just now, something looked funny during a string.

Name:  005174CC-7C42-474C-B0E5-8BFC6E866DA4.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  45.3 KB

Got home and found this:

Name:  824F336E-B5BD-4F54-996A-8B229D591C67.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  32.7 KB

That was with an OEM plate.
    Any idea on how many rds. down range w/ this plate?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Any idea on how many rds. down range w/ this plate?
    YVK asked me the same thing, and my best guess is 5-10K, but I can’t be certain as I have four of them. This is my main match pistol. I frequently check the screws for tightness, and did before and after the match last weekend. Guess I get to see how Smith handles this — not sure if they will drill out the sheared screws, provide a new slide, or tell me to go pound sand.

How many inch-lbs was the torque? Two different break types it looks like in the picture. Sorry to see that, a good machine shop will have you back up in no time!

YVK asked me the same thing, and my best guess is 5-10K, but I can’t be certain as I have four of them. This is my main match pistol. I frequently check the screws for tightness, and did before and after the match last weekend. Guess I get to see how Smith handles this — not sure if they will drill out the sheared screws, provide a new slide, or tell me to go pound sand.

Is your OEM plate plastic? If so, what does it (specifically the bosses) look like?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Is your OEM plate plastic? If so, what does it (specifically the bosses) look like?
    deleted

User Tag List