Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Ya know, that might be true, but it seems odd to admit. Just seems like they live in the Glock shadow, but everything is in the Glock shadow, and often all you hear about is the Glock 19. And along the way the FBI selected the G19, and that just made it worse. So maybe we have been a little underground...

But I have been digging them for a long time, and in 2014 decided I didn't need multiple brands of striker guns and sold all of my Glocks to fund a shotgun I wanted. Probably the 2.0 Compact with the G19 4"/15rnd Goldilocks form factor probably put it over the top. A bonus is that before the Chinese Virus I bought my last two for $409 each. For a while RK Guns had Compacts for $350. Probably all in the past now, but they are, IMO a great gun and a great value.

I also have short fingers and the M&P had the small backstrap way before Gen5 was a thing.
    I think the 9mm 1.0s put a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. Given that it was supposed to be a much improved Glock and then ultimately ended up just not being that, it kinda got dropped like a bad habit apart from a dedicated user base. Obviously the .40 and .45 variants were just peachy and the Shields didn’t exactly suck either (when they finally got rid of the thumb safety anywho). Between the lackluster release of the 2.0s and S&W’s generally somewhat questionable QC I think a lot of people did a hard pass on the update in favor of other options that were coming out or were out at the time.

If the 2.0s truly are what the 1.0s should have been, then I may very well never go out of my way to buy another Glock again, despite GSSF discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I try to look at each pistol and figure out which dimension is most forgiving for the reload. With a Glock, for example, you can be off slightly rearward without issue. With the M&P, the more forgiving dimension is side to side. As a result, I hold the M&P slightly different, so if I miss it is on the side not front/back and that seems to be helping. The Core mag opening doesn’t look like you can remove much material.
    I had a chance to quick dremel one of my magwells this afternoon. No pics yet as it looks like Hot Dog shit until I smooth it up but - the slight removal of material off the front *did* make reloads less snaggy.

I got to shoot Rio’s Tuesday Night Steel this afternoon, for the first time since spring, with the Core. Really enjoyed shooting it.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I had a chance to quick dremel one of my magwells this afternoon. No pics yet as it looks like Hot Dog shit until I smooth it up but - the slight removal of material off the front *did* make reloads less snaggy.
    When it comes to whittling on mag wells with the Dremel my wife took my privileges away. She says she does that now and there ain’t much to remove on the Core!

When it comes to whittling on mag wells with the Dremel my wife took my privileges away. She says she does that now and there ain’t much to remove on the Core!
    Concur. Front strap only. Less is more. Just a breaking of those factory sloped edges is the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I think the 9mm 1.0s put a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths.
    Obviously the .40 and .45 variants were just peachy
    Now that you mention it, I was mostly about .40 and .45 when I started shooting M&Ps. Then I got a 9mm that I put an Apex barrel in, I always described it as my $400 gun I put $400 worth of stuff into...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I was mostly about .40 and .45 when I started shooting M&Ps. Then I got a 9mm that I put an Apex barrel in, I always described it as my $400 gun I put $400 worth of stuff into...
    For me, Randy Lee's barrels got some SERIOUS performance out of the M&P I have.

Better than many a 1911. Sacrilege, I know.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I received a Carver Tungsten heavy guide rod For my Core 5 inch. Weighs 2.6 ounces on my scale. Also, a 15 pound Wolf recoil spring. There was also a striker spring in the package I installed, which feels good. Hope to test all this later today.

I received a Carver Tungsten heavy guide rod For my Core 5 inch. Weighs 2.6 ounces on my scale. Also, a 15 pound Wolf recoil spring. There was also a striker spring in the package I installed, which feels good. Hope to test all this later today.
    Before throwing all your new goodies in there and testing, are you able to quantify how much easier this platform is to shoot over your CO Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Before throwing all your new goodies in there and testing, are you able to quantify how much easier this platform is to shoot over your CO Glocks?
    Subjectively, shooting in practice, it is enough better to make it worth the logistics of changing. Two matches so far, and both support my subjective impressions. Very little side to side deflection, which makes it easier to shoot faster. I assume it is some combination of trigger and grip characteristics.

User Tag List