Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have shot CORE pistols for 12 months. I had a screw shear on one slide and Smith replaced it. No other failures, excepting the 509T issues which was a Chip Wiz issue. I have been using OEM, Chip Wiz and C More plates.
    Thanks for the info.

I’ve been shooting a 1.0 core milled to 2.0 dimensions, with a chpws plate and revised DPP since spring. Probably 8 matches and weekly practice. No issues.

@GJM Any updates on your CHPWS 509t plate loosening issues? (too many posts to choose which one to quote)

I had my CH plate come loose on my 2.0 Compact OR (509t) - https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1265954 (I also almost send SoCalDep off the deep end)

I've since removed all screws, soaked in acetone and re-torqued with Loctite 248 Stick; also torqued a little higher (12-13 inch-lbs). This is with their newer 509t plate that just came out last month. Here's a picture from before my first range trip -

Name:  chpws-509t-plate.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  26.6 KB

(I know I need a thinner marker) When I removed the optic I forgot to look at the witness marks but the left screw was definitely loose. Probably won't get to the range again until early next month - hoping the Loctite fixes the issue.

No update, I haven't shot it in months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just to clarify gentlemen;

This is only happening with the 509t on the core with chpws? Is it happening with the rmr/SRO plates too by chpws or are they gtg?

Re. gen2 CHPWS's for SRO's, my 2 have been GTG on two gen2 CORE's w/ 1000+ down range.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 09-17-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Just to clarify gentlemen;

This is only happening with the 509t on the core with chpws? Is it happening with the rmr/SRO plates too by chpws or are they gtg?
    Just a 509T issue.

Thank you guys!

Maple leaf is now cutting M&P's for the 509t. That makes three to my knowledge - ATEI, Floyd's, and now Maple Leaf doing direct mounts.

https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/mp509t
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Maple leaf is now cutting M&P's for the 509t. That makes three to my knowledge - ATEI, Floyd's, and now Maple Leaf doing direct mounts.

https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/mp509t
    Have they also started doing an Acro cut?

User Tag List