Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Anyone have experience with KKM barrels in a 2.0?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone have experience with KKM barrels in a 2.0?
    My only experience is with a 1.0 with a thumb safety that was stippled and grip chopped.

The gun was devastatingly accurate.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I don't carry that gun more.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I had a few of these with a 5 inch CORE today, shooting PMC 115. Doesn’t happen with higher power factor ammo or other optics.

Name:  736E22B7-659E-461B-8DAA-39A39F92680C.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  31.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had a few of these with a 5 inch CORE today, shooting PMC 115. Doesn’t happen with higher power factor ammo or other optics.

Name:  736E22B7-659E-461B-8DAA-39A39F92680C.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  31.0 KB
    I wonder if S&W optimizes the recoil spring weight on the 9mm M&Ps. Seems like they use the same recoil spring weight for 9 and 40 M&Ps which implies to me may be too heavy for 9mm if ok for 40. I went to a slightly lower recoil spring weight on my gamer M&P with no issues with my 125+ PF 9mm reloads with 115 FMJs.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I wonder if S&W optimizes the recoil spring weight on the 9mm M&Ps. Seems like they use the same recoil spring weight for 9 and 40 M&Ps which implies to me may be too heavy for 9mm if ok for 40. I went to a slightly lower recoil spring weight on my gamer M&P with no issues with my 125+ PF 9mm reloads with 115 FMJs.
    Ranger what weight recoil spring did you go to & where did you source it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Ranger what weight recoil spring did you go to & where did you source it?
    Frank Proctor used to be a M&P fan but I think he has moved onto the Staccato train. He used to sell replacement M&P guide rods and springs on his web page. I "think" the springs were 13lbs. I have found that Glock replacement stainless steel guide rods and recoil springs often fit in the M&Ps (and because they are even more available the Glock rods/springs may be cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised with my Swampfox Justice if you wish to continue your "budget" build
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Because looking at those Swampfox units they look more and more tasty...
    Swampfox did a sale for $175 and I caved for a Liberty. What screws did you use? Not sure about what I have on hand...

ETA: I think I found some with the M&P slide kit.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-09-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    Swampfox did a sale for $175 and I caved for a Liberty. What screws did you use? Not sure about what I have on hand...

ETA: I think I found some with the M&P slide kit.
    I think I used screws that came with my Swampfox Justice

Swampfox did a sale for $175 and I caved for a Liberty.
    I would say the first outing was a great success!
    My Sunday routine is to gather with a bunch of friends that have access to some private land where we can do pretty much what we want. We setup a bunch of steel and some cardboard and informally time each other through scenario sequences we just make up from our own suggestions, some logical, all fun.

I had bore sighted the Swampfox and out of the gate set fast time of the group on the first string, and went on to have a great day. My one day assessment is if you find the dot it is smoking fast, and if not, not. One thing I wanted to do was to migrate to a pistol with a dot that was consistent with what I have been shooting weekly for the last two years, and I am glad I did.

Here is a photo of the M&P-40 with the Apex Duty/Carry kit and plastic trigger, with the Performance Center 5" 9mm ported slide with the Swampfox Liberty, thanks to @ranger and others that helped in the decision:

Name:  MP40with 9 slide and Swampfox Liberty.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  100.2 KB

I just ordered three JMCK holsters with the optic cut.

I am incorrigible...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List