Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Thanks, appreciate it. I'll try stock for testing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Both and haven’t noticed a difference although the CHPWS plate looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

His black pc gun doesn't seem to have the same flex that my fde gun does, in that when i hold my fde gun with normal grip pressure it flexes the frame enough to retard magazine insertion. Not so on his black pc frame. Not sure what's up with that.
    My black gen 1s are stiffer than my FDE gen 2s , the gen 1 also has a little better shape to me. I also must relax grip for mags to drop free out of the 2.0s pistols. I thought it was a gen1 to gen 2 difference but if it has something to do with the colors I will be looking for black gen 2s.

Raced dirt bikes for years and the colors put into the bikes plastic did make a difference in the plastics. Kawasaki green for example was more brittle than others.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The SRO’s snorkel protrudes far enough forward, the lens is protected. I can see it happening with an RMR. Lens cleaner is effective on the Legion that has a LCI.
    I've had it happen with an RMR. Nothing that wiping the lens off every ~500 rounds doesn't fix.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

I bought a 2.0 CORE early in the year and took it to a Handgun Combatives MDRS course in a Safariland RDS duty holster. We recently got in two M&P40 COREs to begin trying them out as issue items. I found the 40 pistol will not fit the holster. I took a dial caliper to the office and found the 40 slide definitely thicker. As far as I can tell there is only one part number for a RDS equipped M&P holster. I’m going to contact the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they will have a contact at Safariland.
    I’ve thought about working on the interior of the holster but it might require removal of too much material. Any ideas?

On my CO CORE, I installed the Springer Precision extended mag release and it makes dropping the mag much easier. Wouldn’t do it to a carry M&P.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My new to me 1.0 CORE with a DPP and Leupold plate appears to be intermittently kicking ejected cases back down into the ejection port where things come to an immediate halt with the case pinched in the port.

It does this with the OEM recoil spring. 13lb ISMI spring on a captured rod is slightly better but still seeing the issue about once or twice per 100 rounds. My 1.0 Pro, using same ammo and mags, runs like a top but the ejection pattern is erratic. Both guns exhibit erratic ejection patterns.

I'm going to try an Apex extractor in the CORE as well as other ammo. Also I'll remove the DPP and see how it runs. The DPP shows brass marks so I'm pretty sure ejected cases are bouncing off of it occasionally.

The CORE has an APEX FSS and SDI barrel installed in it.

I was hoping this was going to be a pain free transition.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I bought a 2.0 CORE early in the year and took it to a Handgun Combatives MDRS course in a Safariland RDS duty holster. We recently got in two M&P40 COREs to begin trying them out as issue items. I found the 40 pistol will not fit the holster. I took a dial caliper to the office and found the 40 slide definitely thicker. As far as I can tell there is only one part number for a RDS equipped M&P holster. I’m going to contact the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they will have a contact at Safariland.
    I’ve thought about working on the interior of the holster but it might require removal of too much material. Any ideas?
    What was the resolution on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What was the resolution on this ?
    None yet. I have not received an answer from the vendor, which leads me to believe they haven’t got a response from Safariland. I’m probably going to dremel out some material. The holster has some ribs on the ALS mechanism that looked easy to grind away. I just haven’t had time as I’ve got a guy quarantined. He’s due back Wednesday so I’m going to try to work on it then.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    None yet. I have not received an answer from the vendor, which leads me to believe they haven’t got a response from Safariland. I’m probably going to dremel out some material. The holster has some ribs on the ALS mechanism that looked easy to grind away. I just haven’t had time as I’ve got a guy quarantined. He’s due back Wednesday so I’m going to try to work on it then.
    Thanks. I ask because my LGS just got a pair of Ported 2.0 PC CORE 40 in. A 4.25" and a 5". I was leaning 4.25 hoping it would work in my SIG 320 RDS duty rig...

If I have to buy a holster regardless... what are the PF thoughts and experiences on the 4.25 vs the 5 ?

@GJM

@JM Campbell

@Duke

I’m still digging the 5”, I want to grab a pair of 4.25 full and compact CORE models when shit dies down some. I really like the new frame and slide stop/release. I have not made my 5” auto forward like my v1s do 90% of the time on reloads and I really like that redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List