Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have had terrible luck with the CORE 509T installation and plate from CHPWS. Just came back for the third time, due to the plate coming loose, and this time the plate came loose again after just a few magazines. After three times back to them, I am kind of done with this, and am waiting to hear from them as to a resolution.
    Jb weld or loctite er on there...

Seriously though. This is not the first I have heard reports like this. Seems like most end up full circle back to direct mill setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an ugly match with my 320/509t using a custom CHPWS plate mounted by them. At first I thought it was me, but this thread made me want to check the plate mounting screws. I knew my shot calling wasn’t perfect, but a number of mikes on tuxedos were called hits....
    Name:  57D276EE-0978-45F2-BF13-B26C474643A3.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  23.3 KB

EDIT- no visible thread locker residue and screw spun out freely. Other screw felt barely more than finger tight.
    Last edited by DpdG; 05-17-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Those witness marks look familiar. Houston, we have a problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just waiting on Loctite 248 for the Amazon fairy and I cleaned the threads with acetone. I’m hoping for success following mounting instructions from @SoCalDep

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Had an ugly match with my 320/509t using a custom CHPWS plate mounted by them. At first I thought it was me, but this thread made me want to check the plate mounting screws. I knew my shot calling wasn’t perfect, but a number of mikes on tuxedos were called hits....
    Name:  57D276EE-0978-45F2-BF13-B26C474643A3.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  23.3 KB

EDIT- no visible thread locker residue and screw spun out freely. Other screw felt barely more than finger tight.
    Do you guys think it is their 10 in/lbs torque recommendation and lack of proper thread locker or what? I got their plate for my 4" compact, saw 10 in/lbs and thought "nahhhh".

I'm guessing all of the above, but honestly I don't know. I'm going to use 248 and 15-20 in-lb and see what happens. Considering it took 5 months for CHPWS to produce/deliver the plate once they had my slide, it isn't going back to them.

Hey guys. Handled a 2.0 compact optics ready gun today. Seems nice and I want to try it out. Is it better to get a regular compact and mill it though?

I shoot glocks and know it’s much preferred to mill those but not sure if it’s the same with M&p’ sorry not?

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Hey guys. Handled a 2.0 compact optics ready gun today. Seems nice and I want to try it out. Is it better to get a regular compact and mill it though?

I shoot glocks and know it’s much preferred to mill those but not sure if it’s the same with M&p’ sorry not?
    The optics ready pistol is less costly to complete and gives you flexibility to switch optics. However I am not in love with the CORE system and the rear BUIS is like a knife.

My favorite Compact was direct milled for the RMR footprint with the rear BUIS in front of the optic.

Name:  EAA367AD-4A19-44D9-94AB-296C44FAF43D.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  42.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post

I just bought my first CORE, mostly because I wanted to try a DPP which was my first non trijicon dot. It is working fine so far after a few practices & one match. It’s mounted with the Chpws plate.

If doing it all over I’d just mill, slides don’t cost that much and I kind of view them like brake pads.

I’m kinda torn. I know milling is the better option. But my dealer has the optics ready compact in stock as well has a 507C that I’d want to put on there. I can walk in there today and have it ready to go for like less than a grand.

Then, if I like it, I could get a regular 2.0 and have it milled. But I like how fast, easy, and cheap I could get set up with an M&p and optic to try out.

And then on a completely different idea I’ve been wanting a Staccato C2 optics ready but wait time is 3-4 months. I know of a retailer with the iron sighted C2 in stock so thought about getting that and then having it milled for the Chambers plate.

User Tag List