Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Great thread guys. Looking for some input:

I’ve mostly been a Glock guy since the early 2000s. I bought a 2.0 when they first came out but were only available in a full-size gun. I mostly like G19 sized guns so I traded it off for another Glock. I now have a 19 with an RMR and Forward Controls plate as my first red dot pistol and am interested in exploring the MRDS road. I also have a Holosun 507c on the way and am really tempted to try the 2.0 compact optics ready with 4” barrel as a G19 competitor and the test bed for the Holosun. I feel a bit myopic always coming back to a G19 which isn’t perfect, but nothing else has drawn me away yet.

@GJM push me off the ledge? 😀
    Four inch CORE, chip wiz plate and extra screws as spec’d by SoCalDep, with your Holosun of choice. The alternative would be to have a slide direct milled for your optic and avoid the plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Something that bugs me about the Compact CORE, is how tall and sharp the rear sight is. I decided to send a non CORE slide to Primary and have them direct mill a 508T with the back up rear sight in front of the optic. I like this SO much better, as the back of the slide is no longer digging in to me.

Name:  E56A5320-1C7C-47D7-B46D-9BDA1714D7D5.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  E5039712-1AB3-4B71-A55A-E6A9F5D6CEA6.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  42.3 KB

Really good observation from a carry perspective!

I haven't noticed an issue from my Glock MOS/ Ameriglo GL-429 sights, but I can see the taller supressor sights being an issue and irons in front can certainly help with that. Both of my iron-front guns (Agency G34 with 509T and Unity ATOM with an ACRO) are not carry guns so it's not something I've considered. Very cool.

Two updates.

1) I have had multiple range sessions with my M&P CORE five inch that Randy Lee personally fit a gunsmith barrel to. Using a variety of ammo, but mostly with 150 Syntech and 147 reloads, it shoots crazy small groups. Going back and forth with a stock five inch, the level of precision with the Apex barrel is remarkable.

2) my CORE four inch slide came back from CHPWS, where they were addressing their initial installation of a custom plate for the 509T. First time, the plate came loose in 15 rounds. After a month back for rework, it now made 30 rounds before the plate started coming loose, so I guess we are making progress. Will be in touch with them in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two updates.

1) I have had multiple range sessions with my M&P CORE five inch that Randy Lee personally fit a gunsmith barrel to. Using a variety of ammo, but mostly with 150 Syntech and 147 reloads, it shoots crazy small groups. Going back and forth with a stock five inch, the level of precision with the Apex barrel is remarkable.

2) my CORE four inch slide came back from CHPWS, where they were addressing their initial installation of a custom plate for the 509T. First time, the plate came loose in 15 rounds. After a month back for rework, it now made 30 rounds before the plate started coming loose, so I guess we are making progress. Will be in touch with them in the morning.
    @GJM in the words of Frank Constanza: “SERENITY NOW!” I hear lots of folks say CHPWS peeps walk on water and others not so much. I’m sending good vibes in to the universe (or whatever) that they get you squared away ASAP.

If it is any consolation, I took your recommendation and ordered my 4” optic ready. Got to the FFL all excited, flipped open the box and...

Name:  E1EF7D98-A400-468E-A680-7EFF91F5FD16.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  51.4 KB

Wrong gun. Paperwork correct, just wrong gun. Where is mine? Great question. Whose is this? Great question.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two updates.

I've been beating the Apex hard fit barrel M&P drum for as long as I've had mine. I'm nowhere near as good a shot as you are and it makes me look like a stud at the range.

It's truly silly how accurate these guns are. They can give most custom shop 1911s a run for their money and I'm not even sort of joking about that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

An the 509T be milked on to the M&P9 compact non optics ready?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    An the 509T be milked on to the M&P9 compact non optics ready?
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Huh?
    I meant, “can” not An, sorry. With a loaded chamber indicator, can the 509 be milled to a m&P 9 compact? It’s not an optics ready model. Also meant milled not milked. Dang phone.

Site Supporter
    I think I end up typing twice as much on my phone as I do on my laptop due to the phone's "auto-corrupt" feature.

User Tag List