Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for gun control drops

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's sense of relief. The state in which I must currently reside is a SH*T show - Billions in debt, some of the highest numbers of Corona virus infections, a crashing economy, industry fleeing, and yet the Democrat dominated State government has shoved through yet another set of gun control bills and our Governor is eager to sign them.

Kalifornia is the birthplace of the "roof top Asian" and yet those very guns used were banned just a few years later, followed by 2 more waves of bans on semi-automatic firearms and their magazines. Virginia is pushing hard to rank up there with NY, MA, NJ, and CA in terms of leading the country in "sensible firearm restrictions", and the dems VP candidate is one of the most ardent enemies of the 2A there is.

The Democrat agenda IS GUN CONTROL and until I see our "gun curious liberal friends" start taking the DNC to task by not voting for any candidate that supports gun control then I have little faith my kids will enjoy the same firearms freedoms that I have.

Kids will be back in school again. We are at best - at a brief pause, but during that time the Dems (and other anti-forces) will have their reaction drill to the next tragedy well rehearsed and ready to go.
    You forgot WA.

Gun control is probably the primary reason that KH was chosen to run with Biden. That and she's black? She had a dream that one day firearms were going to be regulated in every state just like they are in CA. It's a big deal for democrats and she'll carry the ax into the battle for Shotgun Joe.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's sense of relief.

The Democrat agenda IS GUN CONTROL and until I see our "gun curious liberal friends" start taking the DNC to task by not voting for any candidate that supports gun control then I have little faith my kids will enjoy the same firearms freedoms that I have.

Kids will be back in school again. We are at best - at a brief pause, but during that time the Dems (and other anti-forces) will have their reaction drill to the next tragedy well rehearsed and ready to go.
    Unfortunately, I share in your pessimism, and not just specifically related to California. The fact is that even if more people are becoming gun-curious/gun-tolerant (cringe terms, I know), it is not their #1 issue so the likelihood that they change their vote because of it is low. If anything, the current culture of protests-turn-lawlessness is going to be a much more potent force to convince the average person that the Dem establishment is being held hostage by purveyors of relatively radical leftist beliefs. Jury is out on whether the establishment can harness the new enthusiasm without succumbing to the extremes of the agenda.

There is a wave political pressure headed our way whether Dems take definitive control of the legislature/executive branches, which is quite possible, or not. Would be great time to have a strong, focused, well-run NRA at a time like this...
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 08-12-2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: further clarity
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Unfortunately, I share in your pessimism, and not just specifically related to California. The fact is that even if more people are becoming gun-curious/gun-tolerant (cringe terms, I know), it is not their #1 issue so the likelihood that they change their vote because of it is low. If anything, the current culture of protests-turn-lawlessness is going to be a much more potent force for the average person.

There is a wave political pressure headed our way whether Dems take definitive control of the legislature/executive branches, which is quite possible, or not. Would be great time to have a strong, focused, well-run NRA at a time like this...
    That would be nice. Maybe if Biden gets elected, and Wayne decides leave, the NRA might have a future. Until then it's just dream. They're dead to me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List