Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for gun control drops

Site Supporter

Support for gun control drops

Some good news: support for gun control has dropped from 64% to 52% (keeping in mind that I know nothing of the questions asked or other methodology used for this poll, but Rasmussen is one of the better research outfits).

https://www.newsmax.com/us/guncontro.../12/id/981856/

My own observation: I am getting questions from non-gun-owners about purchasing guns and obtaining training. I am also getting questions from people who are not shooters but somehow or another came to own a gun and are interested in learning specifically about self-defense. The first time gun owners, some of whom live in states with strict laws, are quite surprised to learn that buying a gun is more difficult than they previously believed. This reflects reports I have read on this forum as well as in the news about gun dealers seeing first time buyers react to learning just how strict the gun laws are currently.

Perhaps a silver lining in today's culture-cancel love fest.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Some good news: support for gun control has dropped from 64% to 52% (keeping in mind that I know nothing of the questions asked or other methodology used for this poll, but Rasmussen is one of the better research outfits).

https://www.newsmax.com/us/guncontro.../12/id/981856/

My own observation: I am getting questions from non-gun-owners about purchasing guns and obtaining training. I am also getting questions from people who are not shooters but somehow or another came to own a gun and are interested in learning specifically about self-defense. The first time gun owners, some of whom live in states with strict laws, are quite surprised to learn that buying a gun is more difficult than they previously believed. This reflects reports I have read on this forum as well as in the news about gun dealers seeing first time buyers react to learning just how strict the gun laws are currently.
    I've had some work done recently by my land line company to improve my internet and just had an electrician here also. They both noticed my reloading equipment and were interested in it. I offered them some hands on time if they wanted to learn. People are starting to wake up to the fact that they need to become more self sufficient.

Also this.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/11/90144...2565&orgid=148
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Yeah, until some fucknut shoots up a school again.

At some point in the last few months, someone who knows me better than others said, "Guns? Randy has enough for all of us," which made me cringe hard.

Since then, I've been reached out to a LOT. I've steered people through MD's ridiculous HQL process and advised training every chance I get.

Things seem to have shifted a bit.

Last night my wife told me that the neighbor across the street asked her if I would teach her how to shoot.

We've lived here for 25 years and have done things together in the neighborhood, she also taught both of my daughters in elementary school. Never a question or discussion about firearms.

Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    October surprise?

Site Supporter
    Tough to do when the schools have no kids in them. My lefty sibs pointed that out to me over the summer.

Could not deny it.

I'm not sure that matters much anymore. If congress couldn't get another AWB passed after Sandy Hook I'm thinking people are just numb to those shootings. There have been so many of them people realize that it's about their personal safety now. That's an entirely different situation.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure that matters much anymore. If congress couldn't get another AWB passed after Sandy Hook I'm thinking people are just numb to those shootings. There have been so many of them people realize that it's about their personal safety now. That's an entirely different situation.
    I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's sense of relief. The state in which I must currently reside is a SH*T show - Billions in debt, some of the highest numbers of Corona virus infections, a crashing economy, industry fleeing, and yet the Democrat dominated State government has shoved through yet another set of gun control bills and our Governor is eager to sign them.

Kalifornia is the birthplace of the "roof top Asian" and yet those very guns used were banned just a few years later, followed by 2 more waves of bans on semi-automatic firearms and their magazines. Virginia is pushing hard to rank up there with NY, MA, NJ, and CA in terms of leading the country in "sensible firearm restrictions", and the dems VP candidate is one of the most ardent enemies of the 2A there is.

The Democrat agenda IS GUN CONTROL and until I see our "gun curious liberal friends" start taking the DNC to task by not voting for any candidate that supports gun control then I have little faith my kids will enjoy the same firearms freedoms that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Tough to do when the schools have no kids in them. My lefty sibs pointed that out to me over the summer.

Could not deny it.
    Kids will be back in school again. We are at best - at a brief pause, but during that time the Dems (and other anti-forces) will have their reaction drill to the next tragedy well rehearsed and ready to go.

User Tag List