Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Air Force helicopter shot at in Virginia and forced to make emergency landing

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Thanks for the information. Glad to know I was wrong. 2020 feels too much like 1968 in terms of both demonstrations and political violence.
    You really want some deja vu? I've heard the name Weather Underground rumbled about lately, both as a comparison to current events and as an entity that might be active again.
    Gonna get back to the book Days of Rage pretty soon; I read it in bits every now and again.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Helicopters have been flying over parts of PRince William County (which Manassas is part of) pretty low, at night, for last few months. I’d bet dollars to donuts it was somebody pissed off and decided to do something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Helicopters have been flying over parts of PRince William County (which Manassas is part of) pretty low, at night, for last few months. I’d bet dollars to donuts it was somebody pissed off and decided to do something about it.
    Whatchu you trying to say?!
    #RESIST

We have a Navy base nearby and people are always complaining about the noise. The base has been there since 1942. Most of the people who complain about it weren't even alive when it was built. Then they bought a house near the base without checking on the noise pollution and expect the Navy to stop flight ops for them.

Growlers are harder to hit than helicopters but that wouldn't stop some people from trying.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post

I'm near the Manassas airport and they're flying low when they come over our house. The frequency has tapered off, for a while it was several per day.

Chris

US Air Force helicopter shot at in Virginia and forced to make emergency landing

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Whatchu you trying to say?!
    I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy, but this does coincide with certain mods interest in PRS and 185 gr juggernauts...

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Well.... I'm getting set to run a Raid Cert Ex package up in Central and Northern VA soonish, so let this serve as my notification to all, you shoot at my raid force and I and I'll drop an angry combat loaded reinforced Infantry company in your lap....

Just saying...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Shitbags shooting at helicopters is a thing. There used to be a helicopter air taxi service here in Houston. I know some people who would take it to get to the airport rather than a method that could lead to sitting in traffic when time was valuable. From time to time, the helicopters would be grounded to repair them from being shot at. No possible reason other than shitbaggery. Finally, the service shut down because of the risk. Don't remember whether a factor was a pilot finally getting hit, but that might have been the final straw.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Shitbags shooting at helicopters is a thing. There used to be a helicopter air taxi service here in Houston. I know some people who would take it to get to the airport rather than a method that could lead to sitting in traffic when time was valuable. From time to time, the helicopters would be grounded to repair them from being shot at. No possible reason other than shitbaggery. Finally, the service shut down because of the risk. Don't remember whether a factor was a pilot finally getting hit, but that might have been the final straw.
    For some reason, that happening in Houston doesn't surprise me. Maybe it's because the first time I went to Houston I got bit by a human for the first time, and my second time in Houston we had to drive a cabinet-level official through a pile of dismembered bodies on the highway.

Shooting at helicopters isn't really a thing here, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I've never shot at a helicopter, but it doesn't seem like it would be easy to hit one. Sure, it depends on range and speed, but it seems like the helicopter would have to be close and moving slow or hovering. I dunno - as I said, I've never tried to shoot one before (and I don't ever plan on trying, either).

User Tag List