Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TFB sits down with SIG--YouTube Interview

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A 5” 5.56 makes no sense other than as a training tool due to 300 black ammo supply issues. 5.56 depends on velocity and a 5” barrel gives up too much velocity to be useful.
    Yep, training tool/ammo availability were the only (mild) interest in it for me. Kind of disappointing to hear about the troubles with the MPX. I know they were looking at them at work as a possible replacement for mp5s for SRT.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Yep, training tool/ammo availability were the only (mild) interest in it for me. Kind of disappointing to hear about the troubles with the MPX. I know they were looking at them at work as a possible replacement for mp5s for SRT.

Jason
    My job just issued a 9 page cleaning procedure to keep the MPXs running. Our purple training ammo is great but it’s some of the dirtiest factory 9mm I be ever shot.

The B&T APC Pro Adopted by the army seems to be the best SMG on the market right now. The upper is the serialized part and they have Lowers available which take Glock and P320 mags. CBP just bought several hundred Glock mag models for their air and marine folks.

Now a days the SMGs role is for low vis similar to the Rattler.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Reading this thread made me miss my E2 P220R and want a P229...but I can't see doing it at this point. My M&P 2.0 .45 is just as comfortable, nearly as accurate, and holds 2 more rounds, and I've got a bunch of pistols that do the 15+1 9mm thing lighter and more ergonomically.

It's a fun era to talk about, and they're gorgeous, I just can't see spending the money anymore. Kinda sad.
    I sadly agree. I used to be one of the biggest supporters of SIG and the 229 is still my carry gun. But so many good guns have been made in the last 25 years that I fear you are right. The classic guns (P 22X) are relegated to a bygone era. Still great guns but I don’t know what you get for the extra money or weight. In fact, you don’t get as much in some cases.

Name:  2D06C38C-CCF7-4686-8DB4-DBA1069B9156.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  66.7 KB

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I sadly agree. I used to be one of the biggest supporters of SIG and the 229 is still my carry gun. But so many good guns have been made in the last 25 years that I fear you are right. The classic guns (P 22X) are relegated to a bygone era. Still great guns but I don’t know what you get for the extra money or weight. In fact, you don’t get as much in some cases.

All that unquestionable logic aside, that pic does not help me in the wanting-one-still department.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

As carry guns the P220 and 229 were pretty magical for me. Low percentage shots under time pressure seemed easy. See a spot on a target and press. Splits in the .25 range were fairly easy to manage. But then I started chasing speed and found that for me other platforms were easier to run fast with reasonable accuracy. They also didn’t have a true compact equivalent other than the 239. The 239 was a really good handgun too but compared to pistols like the Shield and now the 43x it just didn’t make sense. And then Sig killed the 239 which pretty much sealed the deal for me.

If we ever returned to a magazine ban era the P220 would be high on my list for a do it all gun. I don’t know if the current Cohen version is as reliable as the legacy models or not. It’s too bad there’s an asterisk next to everything from Sig after he took over.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Yup; pretty much all that.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post

Love that pic man, and I don’t even particularly like the PPK.

User Tag List