Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Pepper Spray

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I prefer the pocket clip version but really like the thumb cover on the POM unit.
    https://www.amazon.com/POM-Black-Cli...g-goods&sr=1-4
    That's the version I carry as well. Gray with black stripe.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I ran the slide safety Sabre units for a couple years. I used to check on it multiple times a day. Not a day went buy that I didn't find the safety at least half way disengaged. I'd guess I found the safety fully disengaged at least 10 to 20% of the checks. Fortunately, I never had a AD.

I got to demo a inert Sabre MK6 in a John Murphy class a few years ago. I like the unit a lot, but it's pretty bulky for concealed carry and they're kinda challenging to source.

The POM unit works well for me. My only complaint is the pocket clip breaks easily. I'd also love to see the product line expand with a POM XL that's the same profile, but maybe 50% taller. That would a allow a full 4 finger grip and more capacity. I think it would still fit in most pockets.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    My only complaint is the pocket clip breaks easily.
    As long as I could show proof of purchase, POM replaced my unit whose clip broke.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I’ve also settled on POM for the form factor. I really liked the Mk. 6 but for me, it was too large for anything besides coat pockets. Like others I made do with Sabre sliding safety models, but I think the flip top design in a small package the average person will actually carry is a hands down winner for 95% of applications. It’s the only thing other than the larger Mk. 6 that I recommend to friends and family unless their uses really demand something different (like an ASP Key Defender if the thing just has to be as slim as a pen).

Site Supporter
    The POM unit works well for me. My only complaint is the pocket clip breaks easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    As long as I could show proof of purchase, POM replaced my unit whose clip broke.
    I keep hearing about breakages, but with two POM units in use for EDC, hiking, biking, and running, I haven't broken one yet. How are you guys breaking yours?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I keep hearing about breakages, but with two POM units in use for EDC, hiking, biking, and running, I haven't broken one yet. How are you guys breaking yours?

Chris
    Had mine in my pocket and the clip got caught up on something while I was hurrying. Not quite sure how it happened.

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Had mine in my pocket and the clip got caught up on something while I was hurrying. Not quite sure how it happened.
    Same.

I’m not sure it justifies a redesign or switching to a different device, but it is a minor annoyance. They’re cheap enough that I buy them in bulk. I intend to practice with the broken unit. Similarly, I’ve bent the metal clip on multiple Streamlight Stylus Pro flashlights.
    David S.

Similarly, I’ve bent the metal clip on multiple Streamlight Stylus Pro flashlights.
    Not to mention the wire pocket clip on a couple Spyderco knives.

Would an attacker wearing a mask get all of the respiratory benefits of pepper spray?

User Tag List