Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic riot deterrence?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    To be fair, I believe there is a Taylor Swift song that repeats "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate" and that sounds perfectly appropriate to blast towards those guys.
    Follow it up with Merle Haggard's "Okie From Muskogee". Like holding a mirror up to a vampire.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I seem to recall a tv show detailing some of these options and included a pulsed light device that triggered vomiting in the exposed.

That would seem pretty effect if not also comedic.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @fatdog are you talking about an LRAD?.
    yes I think so, I did not know the name, thanks for the citations....

I thought we were talking about the fast food joint and how they have eliminated riots from their locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Nature has already shown us the way to sonic deterrence:

That’s a balanced pack of Smooth Reds and Black and Tans. It’d be even better if they were mobile. Six Dachshunds running around barking with their tails up! Bet they’re aren’t any Badgers around there.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That’s a balanced pack of Smooth Reds and Black and Tans. It’d be even better if they were mobile. Six Dachshunds running around barking with their tails up! Bet they’re aren’t any Badgers around there.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Been wishing some of these would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Been wishing some of these would show up.

DoD research into non-lethal weapons was active in the 2000s and early 2010s because they were relevant to the wars we were fighting at the time. When Mattis became SecDef, the focus shifted to our near-peer threats, and the non-lethal became less important.

I think now the non-lethal program is being run by USMC out of an office at Quantico, and they renamed it to something else. I sat in (via telecon) a briefing that they gave my boss about two or three months ago.

My portfolio used to fund non-lethal S&T, but I don't have anything ongoing right now. I have been told that the microwave system at the beginning of the video was funded by our office, but the project ended around 2018 or so.

I don’t get to play with less lethal DE much because the SWAP-T isn’t much of a challenge, but as someone who followed DE in general very closely since 2017 I can say it’s not a subject at conferences anymore.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    There was an episode of Myth Busters where they examined whether subsonics would make you crap your pants. It was claimed that those frequencies would start a resonant vibration in your guts and thus a poop-fest. They bombarded Adam with tremendous volume to no effect.

It was also claimed that such frequencies would loosen your abs and that's why truck drivers had big bellies.

Microwaves can be countered by strapping bags of popcorn to your chest.

Yeah, right.

User Tag List