Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago warning, BLM protest Saturday 8/15/20

Chicago warning, BLM protest Saturday 8/15/20

Came through as an alert from the state trucking associations this afternoon:

Carriers advised to avoid the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94)
    in Chicago this Saturday

Please advise your drivers this week that a large Black Lives Matter (BLM) protest is planned for the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94) in Chicago this Saturday, August 15 at noon CST. Illinois Trucking Association officials have confirmed with Illinois State Police that the three BLM groups are coordinating this event.

For the safety of our professional truck drivers, ITA is advising trucking companies to be sure their trucks can avoid the Dan Ryan Expressway this Saturday, August 15.

For specific questions, please contact XXXX at the Illinois Trucking Association at XXXXXX.

I’ve heard it mentioned on the news that some truckers would not be delivering to cities who are defunding the police. I assume this is mostly a company to company choice if so? Is there a union for over the road truck drivers?

You may or may not recall that there was a Fed ex truck attacked in St. Louis a few months ago, he drove off dragging a BLM activist, who later died. I am sure many truckers are aware of that and other recent confrontations and are eager to avoid same.

Two words: Aussie Bars!

Name:  King-Bars--Pacific--bull-bar--TT2.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  74.1 KB

Have dipshits, will plow . . .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
    Two words: Aussie Bars!

Name:  King-Bars--Pacific--bull-bar--TT2.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  74.1 KB

Have dipshits, will plow . . .
    That looks pretty cool. When driving at slow speeds, people can grab those things and climb up though

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    That looks pretty cool. When driving at slow speeds, people can grab those things and climb up though
    I don't recall saying anything about slow . . .

Run 'em like a snowplow conga line at speed . .

Name:  13c12db84567b4c41859010c4ac0_Gallery.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  36.8 KB

. . . or get the actual snowplows from O'Hare.

If that isn't up to the task, borrow the blowers . . .

Pig shi$ from an airplane will disperse any crowd.

Site Supporter
    I just thought of something. A large BLM magnet I can place on the door to my SUV for the only purpose of making it through a “peaceful protest” without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Pig shi$ from an airplane will disperse any crowd.
    With this bunch of zeros, some would say that would be redundant . . .

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    But with just the right amount of electrical current, said protesters would get a real charge out of those monkey bars!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Came through as an alert from the state trucking associations this afternoon:

Carriers advised to avoid the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94)
    in Chicago this Saturday

Please advise your drivers this week that a large Black Lives Matter (BLM) protest is planned for the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94) in Chicago this Saturday, August 15 at noon CST. Illinois Trucking Association officials have confirmed with Illinois State Police that the three BLM groups are coordinating this event.

For the safety of our professional truck drivers, ITA is advising trucking companies to be sure their trucks can avoid the Dan Ryan Expressway this Saturday, August 15.

For specific questions, please contact XXXX at the Illinois Trucking Association at XXXXXX.
    So - are BLM groups coordinating with the Illinois State Police to shut down the interstate highway on Saturday?
    Or just coordinating with each other to commit an illegal act?

Serious question.
    Because if the State Police have a week’s notice, they should be able to have appropriate forces on hand, and tactics planned to prevent the highway from being shut down.

User Tag List