Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Amendment Audit YouTube Videos

Site Supporter
    The people who do this likely are unhappy people with little meaning in their live. I have my problems with too much government and too many laws, but these clowns only accomplish making the world a worse place.

This doesn't just happen to people who are trying to "audit". Every photographer I know has a "questioned by LEOs" story, and most have at least one story where the LEO wasn't cool about it. It goes with the hobby.

It's not a great thing but I feel like there are bigger problems all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That was a shocking use of force.
    It was electrifying to say the least.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    I submit that Toolbags want to be the king of high school. And I don’t think they can understand the joke.

What do the camera guys do when someone starts filming and following them around in public while explaining that they are conducting a deuche nozzle audit? Do they get irate?

Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    A friend was showing me some YouTube videos called First Amendment Audits. The cameramen go to public facilities in publicly accessible areas and start filming. They are not recording anyone's conversations or interfering in anyones duties or job. They never film from private property. Immediately they are routinely confronted by employees and LEOs saying that they cannot film in these public areas. Then the cameramen are challenged by the LEOs for their ID's, even though the LEO's cannot articulate any crime the cameramen might be committing, which is required to demand a free citizen's ID. When the cameramen decline to ID, the LEO's become irate and threaten detention and/or arrest. You would think by now that LEOs everywhere would have gotten the memo that it is not illegal or "suspicious behavior" to exercise a Constitutional First Amendment right (free press) in a public place. Occasionally the cameramen will show a video of officer that shows up and just asks if everything is ok and then leaves without incident. Why have our LEOs not gotten the memo yet that the Constitution, which they are sworn to uphold, allows filming in public places?
    You’re not gonna be long here if you want to generalize LEOs here. Got it, @oakdalecurtis?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    A friend was showing me some YouTube videos called First Amendment Audits. The cameramen go to public facilities in publicly accessible areas and start filming. They are not recording anyone's conversations or interfering in anyones duties or job. They never film from private property. Immediately they are routinely confronted by employees and LEOs saying that they cannot film in these public areas. Then the cameramen are challenged by the LEOs for their ID's, even though the LEO's cannot articulate any crime the cameramen might be committing, which is required to demand a free citizen's ID. When the cameramen decline to ID, the LEO's become irate and threaten detention and/or arrest. You would think by now that LEOs everywhere would have gotten the memo that it is not illegal or "suspicious behavior" to exercise a Constitutional First Amendment right (free press) in a public place. Occasionally the cameramen will show a video of officer that shows up and just asks if everything is ok and then leaves without incident. Why have our LEOs not gotten the memo yet that the Constitution, which they are sworn to uphold, allows filming in public places?
    Most (but not all) of the videos I've seen over the last couple years the LEOs haven't done anything wrong, and the "auditors" are usually verbally aggressive and act like douche canoes trying to egg on a confrontation after LEOs respond to a call for service (hint: if you call the cops and articulate suspicious and/or criminal behavior, it's generally incumbent on them to show up and investigate the suspicious behavior).

A lot of these "auditors" also have criminal records (including felonies, like that narcassistic douchebag from Mass) who just want to start shit and talk about how they're true Americans and LEOs are what's wrong with America. I notice that's a trend with people who go out of their way to instigate confrontations with LEOs...

By the way, protip so you don't get yourself in trouble one day with your sovereign citizen doodoo that I'm getting a whiff of: a LEO does not have to prove to you on the spot what his authority and PC is in order to conduct any enforcement or investigative action. Don't believe me if you don't want to....go watch some more youtube videos of when it doesn't go their way according to the articles of confederation and shouting "BLACKS LAW DICTIONARY!" doesn't work. Almost half of the US have stop-and-identify statutes as well, so......no. You're just wrong.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-10-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Most (but not all) of the videos I've seen over the last couple years the LEOs haven't done anything wrong, and the "auditors" are usually verbally aggressive and act like douche canoes trying to egg on a confrontation after LEOs respond to a call for service (hint: if you call the cops and articulate suspicious and/or criminal behavior, it's generally incumbent on them to show up and investigate the suspicious behavior).

A lot of these "auditors" also have criminal records (including felonies, like that narcassistic douchebag from Mass) who just want to start shit and talk about how they're true Americans and LEOs are what's wrong with America. I notice that's a trend with people who go out of their way to instigate confrontations with LEOs...

By the way, protip so you don't get yourself in trouble one day with your sovereign citizen doodoo that I'm getting a whiff of: a LEO does not have to prove to you on the spot what his authority and PC is in order to conduct any enforcement or investigative action. Don't believe me if you don't want to....go watch some more youtube videos of when it doesn't go their way according to the articles of confederation and shouting "BLACKS LAW DICTIONARY!" doesn't work. Almost half of the US have stop-and-identify statutes as well, so......no. You're just wrong.
    So the one thing y'all are missing is that in addition to being attention whores many of these individuals are literal whores.

They don't just make these videos for attention and the fun of trolling. Rather, most have Patreon pages and livestream videos on youtube and other platforms which allows them to accept "donations" during the live stream.

Some of these auditors make between $1,500 and $3,000 a month doing audit videos.

Thumbs up

Very disappointing thread.
    It took until third page to properly ID said auditors by their common designation “Douches”.

Not only I have seen numerous videos where the self appointed auditors harass civil servants, but they also love to to try shakedown businesses. The very fact the genre exists seems to speak loudly to the unnecessary nature of the First Amendment audits.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So the one thing y'all are missing is that in addition to being attention whores many of these individuals are literal whores.

They don't just make these videos for attention and the fun of trolling. Rather, most have Patreon pages and livestream videos on youtube and other platforms which allows them to accept "donations" during the live stream.

Some of these auditors make between $1,500 and $3,000 a month doing audit videos.
    The fact these goons can make as much or more than people like Ian McCollum from Forgotten Weapons or Othais and Mae from C&Rsenal personifies what is deeply wrong with values and culture in 21st century America.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List