Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NY Dems push for law mandating 500 hours of training for ‘shampoo assistants

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Agree. I'm carrying my "Midget" right now. )
    I wish they were legal here. We can carry a stick/club, but not a sap.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I wish they were legal here. We can carry a stick/club, but not a sap.
    No exclusions for current or former LEOs? That's how I found out I was eligible here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I like the looks of this one I found in Montana:

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/cto...159964723.html
    That looks more like a 1966, a 1976 woulda looked like a Grouper that should have a hook in the mouth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NY Dems push for law mandating 500 hours of training for ‘shampoo assistants

OT, but, I’ve been looking on CL lately for either a clean late70s/80s MGB, or MG car of differently abled wheelbase. I like the looks of this one I found in Montana:

Argh. I was in Kalispell two weeks ago. I coulda looked at it for ya.

I’d check with @JRB but on my ‘67 example of BMC/British Leyland’s finest, rust was not a question of presence but rather degree.

Also: Do you have a background in sketchy British auto electronics?

Kidding. Looks like a fun car.

OT, but, I’ve been looking on CL lately for either a clean late70s/80s MGB, or MG car of differently abled wheelbase. I like the looks of this one I found in Montana:

I've owned two :-) Factory stock - '72 is supposed to be the sweet spot. The raised ride height and rubber bumpers on later years ( damn pedestrian safety) hits handling hard plus emissions controls and increased weight sapped power on a car without an excess to start with. Particularly the added bumper weight at the exteme front and rear gives the rubber bumper models a nasty tendency to spin if pushed hard in a turn. Still fun cars though. If you test drive you won't believe how short the stick throw is - like a toggle switch more than a throw (the stick is direct into the transmission without a linkage). Still a surprising amount of enthusiast support for parts and such too (at least a decade ago though so might have changed). If you move forward on one I can probably dig up some links.

When shampoo is outlawed, only outlaws will have shampoo.

I did NOT see the prospect of outlaw shampoo coming. At what point do we make NY illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    When shampoo is outlawed, only outlaws will have shampoo.

I did NOT see the prospect of outlaw shampoo coming. At what point do we make NY illegal?
    It’s actually *people* that will be illegal in NYC soon, but only the *wrong* ones.

- - -

All; I will be treading very lightly when looking seriously at old British rolling stock, rest assured.

I had hopes of this being a hickory shampoo degree...

So there will be a licensing fee, annual renewal fee, beauty schools will need to charge tuition and pay taxes said income...

Basically, minorities who are struggling with making ends meet and have maybe found niche to earn a paycheck are going to be screwed. Liberals screwing minorities... shocking that.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

A guy I know once bought a '72, and in the following years, he basically did everything to it*. And no, it wasn't as fun and interesting as doing everything to a midget sounds like it could be. A few years ago, he bought my Miata. He likes it quite a bit more than the British stuff.

At one point, I ended up with two Miatas. The NA turned out to be just too old, so I sold it. Made like $5/hr for all the time I spent working on it.

If you're 6'1" or shorter, I strongly suggest picking up a slightly used current-gen Miata and forgetting all this old-car nonsense you've been posting about lately. Take a road trip over to Leavenworth or even the San Juans for the weekend with Mrs. Polar. Or something.

*Except fix rust. It was a SoCal car, and only 14 years old when he got it.

---------------------

A classic from the Garrison Keillor of old cars and motorcycles. I always blame him for getting me into this mess in the first place.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-10-2020 at 11:14 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Aren’t the instructions for using shampoo printed on the bottle, written at like a fourth grade reading level?

500 hours of school training to assist hairdressers as certified hair washers, when in many states, licensed hairdressers can apprentice and train assistants in the shop all the way up to their licensing tests, seems some real BS.

User Tag List