Thread: Louisville comes to its senses

Louisville comes to its senses

Louisville police ban street protests after months of BLM marching

Effective Sunday, police said all pedestrians in the city must remain on sidewalks “following all laws for pedestrian traffic.”

“Cars and pedestrians will not be allowed to block intersections for any length of time,” the tweet continued. “Participants who refuse to comply with any law or lawful order will be eligible for citation and/or arrest.”

-Sad that they have to announce something to the public that should have always been the case.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Good.

I don't see much hope this takes off nationwide, but it certainly seems like a step in the right direction.

If there is a way back to something that resembles normal I think this is it.

Pick one place, and one or two simple regulations, and tell everybody you can reach how it is going to be, and then enforce it CONSISTENTLY, WITH THE BACKING OF EVERYONE INCLUDING THE COMMUNITY, ELECTED LEADERS, POLICE, PROSECUTORS, etc. (yes yelling). And do so without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, appearance, gender, or any other "identity" aspects. Sounds simple but will not be easy.

Extend / repeat as required.

I think this will resonate with most people who don't want to see their neighborhoods barricaded, their streets blocked, their vehicles stopped, gunfire, arson, etc. etc. etc.

There also needs to be accountability, respect, reconciliation and many other cultural and attitude changes, but those are much harder to establish and maintain because they are highly polarized political and emotional issues.

But "stay on the sidewalk", "do not block traffic" and similar should be simple enough for most people to understand and accept.

User Tag List