Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BS at work

I graduated high school 1975. I remember the state (VA) public schools could kick you out of the system and declare that the public school system was not responsible for your education if you caused too mush trouble.

I'll be real interested in seeing this s show, and how it pans out.
    Wondering if they are going to automatically, pass people to the next grade, next year. Things like common tests (Iowa basic skills test), as the end of last year, if kids didn't do the work, didn't matter.
    Now granted, there was issues (have friends who deal in rural districts, so dial up internet, at best), the whole Zoom debacle, one computer, multiple kids, etc. Those issues are still there.
    Know one administrator, that saw this coming and retired at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That sounds like bullshit to me.
    Yes, now instead of a Zoom meeting twice a week with teachers, my 5th grader will have 3 Zoom meetings per day with her teacher where the students will be given their work and instructions.

My oldest in high school also has several Zoom check ins per day, and some of them are at the same time as my 5th grader's Zoom meetings. Luckily we have a desktop and a laptop.

They're basically locked down at home from 930-330 everyday just like a school day.

User Tag List