Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago ransacked last night

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Let's see if this helps or hurts the Democrats in the coming election.
    At first I was perturbed that Trump wasn't shutting this shit down hard.
    Now I'm sitting back and watching the hard left Dems self-destruct and hope they keep shitting in their own nest all the way to the election.

Between the riots and the completely non-sensical COVID restrictions (and the blatant hypocrisy in enforcement) in Democrat states it's looking good for team Trump.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It warms the cockles of my heart to see socially responsible looters, wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Use discount code: George Floyd for 100% off all merchandise.
    Niiiice.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    They'll be saying "Look what Trump caused!"
    They already said that about the cause of the riots in Portland. The fact is people are just going to riot and loot no matter what. The riots haven't stopped in Portland since the feds moved out. Now the focus is on the police and the police union building.

Not too many people remember the riots in the 60's. Those were far worse than anything we're seeing now. Lyndon Johnson (D) was the president while most of that was happening. He championed and signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act but that didn't stop the riots that lasted through the 60's.

I don't honestly think rioting and looting has anything to do with republicans or democrats. I think it has to do with Mayors and police chiefs and the way they handle those. If you let people walk around looting and destroying property, you can expect it to continue and become worse.

I equate it to coyotes killing chickens. A coyote killed one of my neighbors chickens yesterday during the day and I saw him do it. So what is the response to that? Keep losing chickens to the coyote or maybe lose the coyote. It's like crowd control only on a smaller scale but it works the same way.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-10-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"People will do what they do."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They already said that about the cause of the riots in Portland. The fact is people are just going to riot and loot no matter what. The riots haven't stopped in Portland since the feds moved out. Now the focus is on the police and the police union building.

Not too many people remember the riots in the 60's. Those were far worse than anything we're seeing now. Lyndon Johnson (D) was the president while most of that was happening. He championed and signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act but that didn't stop the riots that lasted through the 60's.

I don't honestly think rioting and looting has anything to do with republicans or democrats. I think it has to do with Mayors and police chiefs and the way they handle those. If you let people walk around looting and destroying property, you can expect it to continue and become worse.

I equate it to coyotes killing chickens. A coyote killed one of my neighbors chickens yesterday during the day and I saw him do it. So what is the response to that? Keep losing chickens to the coyote or maybe lose the coyote. It's like crowd control only on a smaller scale but it works the same way.
    Maybe too much truth here.

CWB Chicago has ongoing crime coverage and a lot of local riot details. They included an interesting element -
    “Dozens of people who were charged with crimes during looting and riots earlier this year are scheduled to make court appearances this morning, the source said. Prosecutors were expected to wrap up most of the cases today with small fines and deferred prosecution deals.”
    https://cwbchicago.com/2020/08/loote...eled-riot.html

It is hard to ask the Police to put themselves on the line if rioters get $150 fine and a deferred prosecution deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    New normal.
    "Mostly peaceful" looting.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Until a cop shows up and the looter runs with a pistol in his hand while popping off a few rounds at the cop.

That's probably why there is very little police response. Shooting armed looters (and there will be more armed looters) may be something the police don't want to deal with for safety reasons and prosecution. I can't really blame them on that one.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-10-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    "To be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate protected First Amendment expression," Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday. "What occurred downtown and in surrounding communities was abject criminal behavior, pure and simple ... This was straight-up felony criminal conduct."

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/90080...oting-violence

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    "To be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate protected First Amendment expression," Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday. "What occurred downtown and in surrounding communities was abject criminal behavior, pure and simple ... This was straight-up felony criminal conduct."

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/90080...oting-violence
    Clearly, she's overlooking the first amendment right to swag.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List