Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chicago ransacked last night

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Hot water heaters....

ETA that as late as 2004 I had to pay $3.00/night extra in a Monterey, VA hotel to get a room with a color TV. B&W was still the standard.
    Why would you heat hot water?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, called the looting 'reparations'.

'I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,' Atkins said. 'That makes sure that person has clothes.

'Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-downtown.html

The lack of logic and morality would be stunning -- about thirty years ago. Now, it draws almost no comment. My best guess is we will see a new generation of "rooftop Koreans" protecting their businesses (which are NOT insured against looting and riots) before all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post

The lack of logic and morality would be stunning -- about thirty years ago. Now, it draws almost no comment. My best guess is we will see a new generation of "rooftop Koreans" protecting their businesses (which are NOT insured against looting and riots) before all is said and done.
    Outstanding. We need more of this, Biden specifically needs to support Reparations. A pick for Karen Bass would be a good start.

/sarc.

Yeah, been waiting for this ‘conversation’ to start.

It's grand to feel vindicated. I've told people that in certain minds, rioting and looting is just "getting some back from the man" for years!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I'm not sure what will happen in Chicago, but with 50% of the police defunded in Seattle, about all you can do is close your business or defend your business the most effective way you can. People should realize that semi-auto rifles like AR's are still legal here in WA and lots of people own them. There's been a yuge run on AR's in the past few years, according to my dealer friend, when they started the AG initiatives a few years ago. It's been non-stop ever since.

I don't think anyone can expect any outcome other than business and home owners standing up to protect themselves and their property. Some people aren't OK with looting even if the mayor and city council are. My guess is if they had their dwelling or business looted and their lives threatened they might feel a bit differently about it.

Oh well, I guess we just get some popcorn and watch the show.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Back to the future in policing? Civilian militias in American cities

"There are some people who might favor this as a step forward for civil rights and racial justice, but the facts to date don’t support such a reading. In two cities where the police have pulled back from urban areas, they’ve been replaced by armed gangs demanding protection money, increased violence and, yes, prejudice against people who “don’t belong.” Anyone with a brain and a bit of historical knowledge could have seen this coming, which is no doubt why it eluded so much of our political class."

"When the government doesn’t provide order, people either organize themselves or they pay organized crime for protection. And while people complain — rightly — that police often fail to observe due process, armed neighborhood groups and mobsters are unlikely to do better. "

"So after a number of community meetings, neighbors began constructing a barrier to close off two blocks of their street, [...] Kicking out people who “didn’t belong on the block” would be seen as racist and unconstitutional if police did it. The Journal quotes a resident as saying “We’re not proud of that, but it needed to be done.” And it needed to be done because the city of Minneapolis didn’t want to do its job."
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List