Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chicago ransacked last night

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Mayor Beetlejuice thing is uncanny.
    And here I thought that I was the only one that saw the resemblance only to find that I was unknowingly, part of a larger collective body that saw it.

Who would have thought such a thing?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nothing promotes social justice more than stealing designer label goods.

Well, it's more efficient if you cut out the retailer. Just sayin'

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Student

Trucking company not going to cities pushing to defund police:

'We have to keep drivers safe'

From last week.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...-defund-police

A trucking company owner told Fox News on Wednesday that in order to keep drivers safe, he will not direct services to cities that are pushing to defund the police.
    “Our first priority is to support our drivers and their safety when they are on the road,” co-owner of JKC Trucking Mike Kucharski told “Fox & Friends First.”
    Kucharski said that defunding the police is a bad idea because drivers carry valuable cargo on the road for weeks.
    “Everybody wants to steal this,” Kucharski said.
    Kucharski said that his company is also avoiding states pushing to defund the police because his insurance coverage is prone to dissolve.
    “Another issue that I am seeing in the future is I have cargo insurance, liability insurance, fiscal damage insurance, and I am very curious how when I renew my contracts at the end of the year, if there is going to be language -- if I am going to even have coverage going into these places,” Kucharski said.
    “Right now I have coverage going all over domestically. You have to get special coverage for Canada or Mexico or you might have to buy special riders for this on top of everything.”

Prepare for a Baltimore "hold my beer."

Name:  beetlejuice_keaton_6_copy.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  55.2 KB
    This thread needs a picture comparison

Name:  Mayor-Lori-Lightfoot-grumpy-Virus-final.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  30.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Well, it's more efficient if you cut out the retailer. Just sayin'

Since that's a train video, I'm gonna go ahead and derail at this point briefly.

At what god damn point in time are we going to stop using the phrase "flat screen TVs"? I wonder if they're also color TVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Thought he moved to Florida.
    He did. Abandoned those of us stuck here for sunshine, no winter, and the ability to own NFA goodies.

Had to skirt downtown last night to return my Uhaul trailer. Things were fairly quiet, but a moderate demonstration was occurring by a police sub-station I drove past. Enough that they blocked through traffic on that block. However, besides a lack of social distancing, everything seemed peaceful. I didn’t stick around to find out much.

Bridges are up and a lot of roadways were blocking or redirecting northbound traffic (I live on the South Side).

I read the cops had actionable intelligence to do something, but only about a half hour’s notice. Still, the criminals had pre-stationed box trucks and stolen bicycles for get aways. Clearly this was planned well in advance. Chicago PD must either be sorely lacking in intelligence gathering ability or their hands were tied at upper levels. Neither would surprise me. Though I suspect it was the latter. I dunno how long it’ll be before Lightfoot has to shitcan David Brown. My big(ger) concern is that she’ll hire some even more panty-waisted uniform filler to replace him. Chicago PD desperately needs lead from the front admin but are unlikely to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Since that's a train video, I'm gonna go ahead and derail at this point briefly.

At what god damn point in time are we going to stop using the phrase "flat screen TVs"? I wonder if they're also color TVs?
    #HesRightYouKnow
    #RESIST

Wait, let me grab the degausser to see if I can clear up this picture...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    .... "flat screen TVs"? I wonder if they're also color TVs?
    Hot water heaters....

ETA that as late as 2004 I had to pay $3.00/night extra in a Monterey, VA hotel to get a room with a color TV. B&W was still the standard.

User Tag List