Thread: RFI: Ted Blocker X16 holster

RFI: Ted Blocker X16 holster

Anyone have any experience with the Ted Blocker X16? Strong side, high ride, OWB with a slight muzzle forward cant.
    I think at 2-3:00 on the waist, that would be a bonus to start with the wrist in a little better position.
    Or maybe not?
    https://www.tedblockerholsters.com/X...ster_p_15.html
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I have no experience with that exact holster but quite a bit with muzzle forward cant holsters.
    I have used it from appendix (OWB) to 3 o'clock but when you combine muzzle forward with high ride, the farther the holster moves around your side (toward the back) the more shoulder mobility comes into play. That may be no issue to you.
    That combination also makes the butt of the gun want to tent your cover garment more than a neutral or forward cant , Ted Blocker may of solved that. My use has all been with full size guns (semi & revolver) so that makes a difference.

My AIWB holster has a slight muzzle forward cant. I like it.
    I was going to use the X16 for my Staccato C, (CCO sized single stack 2011).

Still waiting to hear back if they have a mold for it.
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke

I've carried that way a lot on my pack's hip belt and like it, 1-1:30.
    On an everyday belt, only 1-2:30 works for me.
    I know a guy who carries a smaller revolver (short K frame) that way in a Simply Rugged pancake Using the crossdraw slots) at about 2 o'clock and is happy.

If this pans out, might have to get one for my 3" K frame.

Elsewhere, I've seen positive comments on the C. Rusty Sherrick Dual Use Cross Draw, which is a similar design.

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/cross.html

I believe the forum member wore his around 2:00. I don't know the specific gun he was using, but he is a Browning Hi-Power/1911 guy.

Here's the review of the Dual Use Cross Draw from Bob Reed on the Handguns and Ammunition forum

https://www.handgunsandammunition.co...-sherrick.html

User Tag List