Thread: "Custom" ain't no BS!

"Custom" ain't no BS!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Tony.

99.8% of the time, I carry my BUG IWB at ~ 8:30, and traditional OWB mag pouches stick out too far and are loose and floppy with this arrangement. I asked Tony to make me a version of his V2 mag pouch, but designed to ride between the belt and pants....first for a P250C mag, and recently for a 1911 mag. Needless to say, Tony knocked it out of the park, and they perform exactly like I envisioned. I could not be more pleased with the execution of this product. My use case may be out of the norm, but Tony delivered!

Name:  IMG_20200809_212105439[1].jpg
Views: 698
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20200809_211826515[1].jpg
Views: 668
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20200809_211955705[1].jpg
Views: 678
Size:  57.2 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I just wanted to give a shout out to Tony.

99.8% of the time, I carry my BUG IWB at ~ 8:30, and traditional OWB mag pouches stick out too far and are loose and floppy with this arrangement. I asked Tony to make me a version of his V2 mag pouch, but designed to ride between the belt and pants....first for a P250C mag, and recently for a 1911 mag. Needless to say, Tony knocked it out of the park, and they perform exactly like I envisioned. I could not be more pleased with the execution of this product. My use case may be out of the norm, but Tony delivered!

Name:  IMG_20200809_212105439[1].jpg
Views: 698
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20200809_211826515[1].jpg
Views: 668
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20200809_211955705[1].jpg
Views: 678
Size:  57.2 KB
    NICE!! Glad they worked for you! Thanks for the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

That’s pretty cool.

I foresee an order in my future as magazine carrier between the belt and pants is of use to me.

It’s very intelligent and I can’t think of seeing it often before. I might try wearing some of my leather pouches backwards to give it a test drive.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It’s very intelligent and I can’t think of seeing it often before. I might try wearing some of my leather pouches backwards to give it a test drive.
    Placement is key. I've done it on and off for years. Keeping away from putting pressure on the hipbone is key. So either further back, or closer to the center line.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I foresee an order in my future as magazine carrier between the belt and pants is of use to me.
    If it is useful to anyone than I am doubly glad that I shared.

And, yes, the K9 is riding in one of Tony's IWB3 holsters. I have LH and RH versions, as in some circumstances the K9 becomes primary.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I might try wearing some of my leather pouches backwards to give it a test drive.
    The cool thing about this rendition is that the adjustment area along the spine of the magazine acts as a kind of mini-wedge/claw, and the belt pressure pulls the rear corner of the magazine into the torso somewhat.

As much as I love quality leather, I subscribe to Paul Gomez's (RIP) take on kydex being superior to leather for mag pouches.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 08-14-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Placement is key. I've done it on and off for years. Keeping away from putting pressure on the hipbone is key. So either further back, or closer to the center line.
    Quoted for truth.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List