Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helping Authors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you want to advertise it here, you should be a site supporter.
    I am/was. Didn't realize it was time to re-up. I'll take care of that. And I'm not being facetious, your comment is valid. I'll get this taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I am/was. Didn't realize it was time to re-up. I'll take care of that. And I'm not being facetious, your comment is valid. I'll get this taken care of.
    My good deed for the day. And my apologies, nonetheless...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Bump. I'm sending links to a couple of authors I'n hoping will take advantage of this resource. I just wanted to get the link and bump it back into the New Post column. Be nice guys. This is our chance to get a better fire arms related message to the public. I've sent them to the most reliable and accurate source of firearms information I know of.

I think this is a good idea, but I wonder how many non-shooter type authors will find value in it. I would guess that a very small number of the readers will pick up on inaccuracies like most of PF would/does.

I know that if I read a book or watch a movie/tv show that has horseback riding in it, as long as they're facing the right direction when the horse starts galloping along I'm none the wiser to anything they got wrong. I don't think I can pick out subtle inaccuracies that someone with a background of horseback riding could.

I hope many take advantage of it though, because it's quite satisfying when you're reading a book and they nail the little details about gun handling and get the nomenclature correct.

Oops, I realize this was a necropost.
    Last edited by john c; 12-31-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Another necro post.

User Tag List