Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests at a LEO's home.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

ETA: the other thing these “protesters” have going for them is numbers. Three of them simultaneously threaten you with long guns. Even if you justifiably feel threatened and react with deadly force to defend yourself, it’s a losing proposition, even in the short term - one of the three will likely get a hit on you.
    Where were you trained to think in this way?

I ask this, with all due respect.

I will respectfully disagree.

This is P-F dot com. This forum grew from something called Pistol Training dot com.

Training. We do not stand in the street, in a western-movie manner, so fight with pistols, so why should we do so, with rifles?

One idea: Arm-up. Armor-up. Dressed like the leftistas, perhaps. Slip over a back or side fence. Maybe blend with the masked ones. Keep thinking.

E.T.A.: I have thought about this. I have reasons, that are personal-historical, not just hypothetical. And, the above-described plan is just one plan, of several.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-09-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What would you charge them with? To be clear that's a question not criticism.
    Bayonets.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    If a group of people surround your occupied vehicle, and do not allow you to leave (unless you run them over with your car, which to me means, they aren’t allowing you to leave),

And if several people within this group are armed and have guns in a ready position facing your direction, within a distance of operational range that the weapons can effectively kill or cause grave bodily injury to you,

How is this any different than armed kidnapping?

In a mob scenario, it’s been ruled upon by courts that each individual of the mob is responsible and even if only one member has a gun, a defender may use lethal force against all members of the mob.

If a mob of people are kidnapping you, several of which are armed, is it not legally justified to shoot all of them?

I agree with above posters, this won’t end well for anyone. I certainly don’t want to be on the news for shooting twenty peaceful protesters. But on the face of it, it seems like lethal force is justified against everyone blocking his car in.

On a side note, why does it seem like so many of the dead black males martyred in this movement being gunned down by police have a history of armed robbery?

On a second side note, this makes a case for multiple dashboard cams on various angles. Plow through the crowd to get to safety, go into hiding, have your attorney share the video with police.
    This would actually be false imprisonments. Kidnapping would normally involve taking the detained person somewhere else.

Unless you're going to charge every militia type with menacing every time one protests holding a rifle, you're slippery sloping your way into right wing cancel culture here...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Unless you're going to charge every militia type with menacing every time one protests holding a rifle, you're slippery sloping your way into right wing cancel culture here...
    Protesting at private homes is a provocative and inherently threatening act. It is unacceptable behavior and should be dealt with hardly.

Public protests belong in the public square.

And before the “yeah, but” nonsense starts I’ve said the same thing before about the TX Open Carry activists who thought protesting at state legislators private residences was a good idea.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    ... you're slippery sloping your way into right wing cancel culture here...
    I'm not 100% sure what a cancel culture is, but if it's the realization that there are right and wrong ways to act in public, and reacting to them accordingly, I'm ok with that.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Where were you trained to think in this way?

I ask this, with all due respect.

I will respectfully disagree.

This is P-F dot com. This forum grew from something called Pistol Training dot com.

Training. We do not stand in the street, in a western-movie manner, so fight with pistols, so why should we do so, with rifles?

One idea: Arm-up. Armor-up. Dressed like the leftistas, perhaps. Slip over a back or side fence. Maybe blend with the masked ones. Keep thinking.

E.T.A.: I have thought about this. I have reasons, that are personal-historical, not just hypothetical. And, the above-described plan is just one plan, of several.
    Rex-
    I must admit to being a bit taken aback... perhaps you misunderstood my thoughts - perhaps I didn’t express them as clearly as I intended. Probably a little of both.
    I was not trained to look for shootouts in the street, nor to engage in one I don’t have to, nor to lose one unnecessarily.
    I was imagining the situation of the driver of the pickup truck, with people in front of him who were behaving as though they were preparing to shoot at him.
    I think someone in that situation has 4 basic options:
    1. Leave
    2. De-escalate
    3. Defend themselves
    4. Get shot

These options are listed in my suggested hierarchy of preferred actions.
    If in the truck, leaving (via reverse gear) could well be the preferred action.
    If blocked in, it may be possible to engage with the “demonstrators” to indicate sympathy to their position (genuine or not).
    Failing at the above options (if armed), may leave only the option of engagement in the kinetic sense.

What I was attempting to point out in the earlier post was that, unlike the recent Austin incident, shooting a gunman who’s presenting what appears to be an imminent threat still looks like a losing proposition, if there are several others on the scene. So my point was that multiple armed “demonstrators” change the calculation, making it even easier to intimidate people at will, without fear of consequence.
    And if one (and only one) armed person threatened me, the solution is much more obvious than if 3 armed people did so.

Does that make more sense?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    My dog recently passed...I was looking forward to not carrying for another dog.

This thread has me this close to getting a GSD or Mal...I need some back up.
    Just do it. Just get one.

I don't really see my dog as backup, though - I see my dog as a partner that makes noise, is hyper alert and territorial with instincts about the territory, with better ears and nose than I ever had or will have.

A GSD or Mal would be awesome, but if you don't want to take care of a dog that big and intense, *any* dog has the benefits I want - letting me know something might be going on that needs my attention before I am aware of it. Even my mom's 8# Shih Tzu does all that.

Here is a video that would indicate that Tig from the Benghazi shit show and some other armed citizens showed up in defense of the officers house. It is a facebook link. I have not been able to find it outside of Facebook. Hope it works.

https://www.facebook.com/RichardRand...24616322825551

I don't know who the dude in the truck was, but he told the protestors, "If that weapon comes up, you will be shot!"

I drove by the staging area at Pulpit Rock open space on my way home. Had no idea this was going on, but I saw news vans and BLM signs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Protesting at private homes is a provocative and inherently threatening act. It is unacceptable behavior and should be dealt with hardly.

Public protests belong in the public square.

And before the “yeah, but” nonsense starts I’ve said the same thing before about the TX Open Carry activists who thought protesting at state legislators private residences was a good idea.
    Provocative? Certainly.

Threatening? I guess in the same way some people find threatening open carriers getting coffee at Starbucks.

A bad idea? Almost always.

But absent criminal activity, do people have the right to protest in public spaces around private residences? Absolutely.

User Tag List