Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa Clara CA Sheriff CCW Permit Corruption Scandal

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    45 or so years ago here a political donation would get you a badge, deputy status and you could run lights in your personal vehicle.
    Inflation is a bitch.

And in other news the sun rose in the east and set in the west.

I know nobody else here is shocked by this kind of favoritism. I’m just shocked there’s not more investigating of it across the country and frankly an overturning of such policies for obtaining a permit that make it so difficult to obtain one without having wealth privilege or knowing the right people.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The solution to government corruption is to take power away from government. If people had constitutional carry rights, CCW without a permit, then it wouldn't be possible to bribe government officials for a CCW.

All of the corporate lobbyism and bribery that occurs in DC could be ended if we limited government power.

45 or so years ago here a political donation would get you a badge, deputy status and you could run lights in your personal vehicle.

Still does in parts of Kentucky.

45 years ago?
    How about 2 years ago?
    Lake Arthur, NM population 436 with a part-time Police department staffed with 100 officers.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    45 years ago?
    How about 2 years ago?
    Lake Arthur, NM population 436 with a part-time Police department staffed with 100 officers.

Well, clearly Lake Arthur ain't Mayberry.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

45 years ago?
    How about 2 years ago?
    I think i remember that. Wasnt it associated with some kind of training center? Like gun oriented training?
    The thing here lasted until some jackass decided to use his lights for a decidedly non emergency situation.
    I was just a kid back then but I was shooting with grown men and several of them had that badge.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I think i remember that. Wasnt it associated with some kind of training center? Like gun oriented training?
    The thing here lasted until some jackass decided to use his lights for a decidedly non emergency situation.
    I was just a kid back then but I was shooting with grown men and several of them had that badge.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....NM-in-the-news

45 years ago?
    How about 2 years ago?
    Being from NM, do know what, if anything, ever happened to "Chief" Will Norwood? (If memory serves, he was an actual deputy or police officer in a nearby city or town, and he was the volunteer 'chief' in Lake Authur.

Koch Brother bodyguards were on the list of reserve deputies - so it wasn't Norwood handing out HR218 benefits to just his gun buddies. Besides the stated $400 contribution to the 'deputies fund', I can't help but think more money changed handed. Given Norwood didn't have a political campaign to finance, I suspect it went straight into his pocket.
    Last edited by BigD; 08-09-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Being from NM, do know what, if anything, ever happened to "Chief" Will Norwood? (If memory serves, he was an actual deputy or police officer in a nearby city or town, and he was the volunteer 'chief' in Lake Authur.

Koch Brother bodyguards were on the list of reserve deputies - so it wasn't Norwood handing out HR218 benefits to just his gun buddies. Besides the stated $400 contribution to the 'deputies fund', I can't help but think more money changed handed. Given Norwood didn't have a political campaign to finance, I suspect it went straight into his pocket.
    No idea what happened to Norwood.
    I do know there is one name in particular missing from the list that was a local to LA Title II/Class 3 dealer (I bought two suppressors from him) who always talked about being a LA Reserve and that the Dept. had a lot of stuff on letterhead.
    Maybe the "training fund" was to buy toys.
    I know several people who were reserves there that just kind of faded away after it all became public.
    Not my zoo, not my monkeys.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List