Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .452 hard cast for 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Hey O3RN,

Outside of the Flat Bottom Firing Pin plate and dual recoil spring, what else have your done to your Springfield 1911? You sure rocked it well in that video you posted shooting the 6.0gr Unique/255gr SWC load. Did you keep the FLGR on that loaded A1?
    Thanks.

No flgr. Not sure it would work with the dual recoil springs.

Got results from 1 shooter. He averaged 850 for 10 rounds. Not sure on barrel length but ill update when he gets back to me.

Thats exactly what I wanted. I cant imaging that being to hard on the gun.

Ive been holding off on buying bullets but now might just get another order of these since I use them for my blackhawk as well and 230gr bullets are the same price.

About ten years ago, I tested two LBT WFN designs in my Mk IV Series 70 Colt with the standard factory 5" barrel.

A 250-grain version over 5.9 grains of WW231 did 941 fps. I got the impression that it was too hot for that gun.

A 255-grain version over 6 grains of Unique went 869 fps.

Accuracy for both loads was acceptable, which has not been the usual result with WFNs in my guns.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Looks like he used a Beretta PX4 Storm SD. 4.5" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Thanks.

No flgr. Not sure it would work with the dual recoil springs.

Got results from 1 shooter. He averaged 850 for 10 rounds. Not sure on barrel length but ill update when he gets back to me.

Thats exactly what I wanted. I cant imaging that being to hard on the gun.

Ive been holding off on buying bullets but now might just get another order of these since I use them for my blackhawk as well and 230gr bullets are the same price.
    Looks like he used a Beretta PX4 Storm SD. 4.5" barrel
    Thanks for the updates! Sure sounds like a winning load recipe and you know your 1911 handles it well....... and you like it, so its a win!
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    About ten years ago, I tested two LBT WFN designs in my Mk IV Series 70 Colt with the standard factory 5" barrel.

A 250-grain version over 5.9 grains of WW231 did 941 fps. I got the impression that it was too hot for that gun.

A 255-grain version over 6 grains of Unique went 869 fps.

Accuracy for both loads was acceptable, which has not been the usual result with WFNs in my guns.

Okie John
    Boomer! Thanks for the comments Okie John... looks like your experiences are in line with what 03RN's load is doing. Once my bullets arrive, it will be time to load em up. I have 1000 WLP primers ready and waiting... I cannot locate any more large pistol primers at this time so these 1000 will have to do for now... This crazy situation for reloading components shortages and ammo issues will hopefully end Nov 5 about the same time the 'Rona issue goes away!!??!!
    Johnny Walker

2nd shooter also averaged 850fps from a hk usp for 10 shots.

Feeling pretty good about this load

In the 1911, what's the intended use, hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    In the 1911, what's the intended use, hunting?
    A 1911 was my EDC at that point and I wanted a woods load for it. We have the occasional black bear around here. For deer, I would have taken a 200-grain SWC at close to 1,000 fps.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

2nd shooter also averaged 850fps from a hk usp for 10 shots.

Feeling pretty good about this load

Woods bumming, maybe hunting. Deny antifa cover?

Worked real well in my new LW champion

Name:  20200910_132311.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  77.9 KB

User Tag List