Thread: Scott Reitz of ITTS premiers podcast: "With Deadly Force"

Scott Reitz of ITTS premiers podcast: "With Deadly Force"

Many of the P-F members are familiar with Scott Reitz and his Los Angeles school ITTS. I received an email today announcing that Scott, along with Brett McQueen, have launched a podcast. Here's the email:

"We are very excited to welcome you to our podcast, “With Deadly Force,” which is NOW AVAILABLE on all of your favorite podcast platforms (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, iHeart Media, Stitcher and many more)! We've kept it under wraps over the past few months while we got some episodes under our belt. We're now up to 5 episodes (over 5 hours!) of fascinating interviews with our amazing podcast guests!

We came up with the idea of examining, discussing and analyzing the ‘use of deadly force’ as a concept for a TV show way back in the early 1990s when we were approached by a student who was a TV producer. He was interested in exploring the idea of a reality TV show dealing with the deadly force continuum. Reality TV had not yet taken off, but Scott and I always knew that we would one day develop this concept in some way; we are both very impassioned about the subject and how it affects both police and civilians – it really touches all of us in one way or another. This is especially true now in the current climate.

We will continue bringing in knowledgable guests, many of whom have never been interviewed like this before. Our early episodes so far include LAPD S.W.A.T. Lieutenant, a former police officer now a forensic police psychologist, a Lieutenant in charge of FID (the unit that investigates police shootings), and the former head instructor for police firearms and tactics at the LAPD Academy.

We want this podcast to be informative, insightful and to provoke thoughtful and important discussions. We will take a close look into modern policing, training, attitudes towards the police, police attitudes towards the general public, how civilians are affected and influenced by policing, what the 'use of deadly force' means to all of us, what happens in a 'use of force' encounter, its aftermath and much more. We will also touch on related current events and how they affect us all.

With each interview that we do, we gather more information and garner more ideas that take us down yet another fascinating road. Please join us on this journey and send us questions and ideas about what you’d like us to discuss. We really value your feedback! And don’t forget to please share it with your friends.

Take good care of yourselves and loved ones!

Stay safe,
    Brett"

I'm looking forward to checking out the podcast.

Thanks for posting this!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Subscribed. Thanks so much for this!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Much appreciated!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I listened to a couple of the podcasts while doing chores. They're relatively short - about an hour - which makes them easy to get through in one bite, compared to a Joe Rogan podcast for example.

The episodes I heard reminded me of the emphasis that LAPD puts on training, and the depth of institutional knowledge there. It also reminded of what a great resource ITTS is for those of us on the west coast. Almost the entire ITTS cadre is LAPD, and many of the them are SWAT. I find some of the training a bit dogmatic, but they have their reasons. And of course Uncle Scotty's lunch time lectures on firearm safety and lawful use of force are worth the price of admission, alone. I need to get back there soon.
    Last edited by Mark D; 08-08-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Subscribed!
    Thanks for posting this.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Thank you. Subscribed too.

There's one major problem with these podcasts: insufficient quantity. I listened to two today and have to ration the rest of them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Subbed. Thanks for the heads up.

Site Supporter
    Subscribed as well.
    Appreciate the heads up

User Tag List