Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Russians

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You would have to become one. It is hard to imagine how little content to life there is in rural Russia. They aren't starving like people in Africa or live without much sanitation like in parts of India, but average male life expectancy of 66 years should tell something.
    I've read somewhere that they're having a hard time following up the longterm human effects of Chernobyl, because of all the other unhealthy crap. Is it radiation, or regular exposure to hazardous chemicals, or a life of smoking cigarettes, or drinking cheap hootch, or ???.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Some of those videos came up in my feed also...question?

What is the correct translation of “Blyat!!”?

Site Supporter
    Five years ago, we arrived in Punta Cana for our lovely overnight. At check in, we met the entire crew of the Transaero flight from Russia. We introduced ourselves to the pilots, and we made plans to hang out that evening. The rest is history and cannot be discussed on a public forum.

The end.🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

General purpose exclamation.
    Used for everything from watching a horrendous car wreck unfold to dropping your cigarette.

I've even started using it.
    Instead of one of the dozen variants of "chinga" I use "blyat" instead, confuses the hell out of the Hispanic laborers.
    I'm hoping it catches on, I'd love for blyat to be part of the Tex-Mex lexicon.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    General purpose exclamation.
    Used for everything from watching a horrendous car wreck unfold to dropping your cigarette.

I've even started using it.
    Instead of one of the dozen variants of "chinga" I use "blyat" instead, confuses the hell out of the Hispanic laborers.
    I'm hoping it catches on, I'd love for blyat to be part of the Tex-Mex lexicon.
    Google translates it as F*ck.... I need to give it a try...Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Directly, "a whore" in a very profane way. "D" is a last letter, not "t". Used very commonly to place in a middle of a sentence or exclamation. What the fuck is that fucking pistol forum is about, can you believe them, fuuu, is an analogy.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

They build great cars.

https://youtu.be/Ozzlbrh6Tfc

Strong like Russian woman, beautiful like Russian tractor.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-08-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Google translates it as F*ck.... I need to give it a try...Thanks!
    So do they engage in shovel blyating?

IMO, the Poles make better vodka. Better than the US, as well.

Of course I have drank far more Polish stuff, but in my limited experience, it's true.

I could be quite happy with only Luksusowa and Sobieski as vodka choices. I do prefer my vodka to have a bit of flavor. And I picked up my dad's aversion to spending much on the stuff. (Not other liquors)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Regular people are more similar than different the world over... Leave us alone to take care of our families and enjoy our lives as best we can and the rest is just details.
    Kilcullen's "Accidental Guerrilla" is a pretty interesting read on this. A lot of people involved in "Islamist" fighting (Australia was focused on Oceania) didn't give two figs about the ideology... they wanted the people who were disrupting their lifestyle (specifically viewed as Western influence) to leave them alone.

His research is a bit dated relative to the GWOT, but I don't think that aspect has changed in a good long while.

Viewable via preview here: link

User Tag List