Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Russians

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My takeaway is that Russians are incredibly abrasive people and are rife with criminality from the bottom up. Their history of continually being ruled by oppressive dictators, and their culture, are a vicious cycle that feeds itself.
    This I mostly agree with. Unfortunately. Of course as has been pointed out, Moscow is not entirely Russia just like NYC is not typical "America".

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    I think you may indeed be taking it too literally. Obviously, people are individuals and cultures vary. But in my direct life experience, people I met and lived with in urban and rural Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Thailand, Israel, and Costa Rica have a lot more in common than you'd think.
    Likewise. I've lived and worked around people around the world, and while culture is a bit thing, people do have pretty similar motivations, desires, and enough in common that understanding is possible.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Likewise. I've lived and worked around people around the world, and while culture is a bit thing, people do have pretty similar motivations, desires, and enough in common that understanding is possible.
    Were any of their daughters for sale, I mean available to marry?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Were any of their daughters for sale, I mean available to marry?
    No. It doesn't work that way, no more that we do dowries.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    No. It doesn't work that way, no more that we do dowries.
    I haven't been out of the country, except Mexico, in a long time. Just asking because I know you get around.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List