Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing - problem is, the "silent majority" of good men have much better things to do than nothing. Meaning that the riots and protests don't really affect overall productive citizens, on the whole. They're busy with other things, and can afford to avoid the whole mess. At least until it's literally at their front door, like the couple in St. Louis.
    Hopefully, they'll see their choices at the ballot box something like this...and will only be sweating because they dodged the bullet.

Name:  4ar2mc.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  39.4 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

It pains me a bit to say this, but with one minor exception I've voted for the lesser of evils candidate since 1976. It's my personal opinion that the country would be better off if this mindset was widely adopted instead of fault finding. Not voting - or voting for 3rd Party candidates - is a poor exercise of judgement.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    I'm another one who will pull the R lever but who otherwise doesn't get involved in politics except to stay away from the extremists on both sides. I don't even know how a person like myself would even successfully run for office. People have lost the appreciation for the art of compromise. The fact is that reasonable people's opinions on how to run this country differ. And yet we must move forward in a united fashion. Where are the statesmen?

All else aside, the Portland riots are enough for me to cast my vote for Trump. This lawlessness cannot be allowed to succeed.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

@blues, I agree with your assessment of the SOTU. What I don’t have is an answer. I fully expect that we shall see the answer early November.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I fervently hope that you are correct.
    Amen, sir.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    As many people believe that the liberal extremism is a existential threat to the country, there are a lot of people who believe that said orange pill is the same.

I think most people are certain the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The thing that concerns me is the people who fervently believe one way or the other.

For instance. The statues thing. I could not give a single shit about some cheaply made statues of Confederate Hee-roes. For one, I don't believe in participation trophies for losers. Two, most of them were erected in a hurry because of that pesky civil rights movement. Had to remind those uppity black people where they lived. I believe the residents of those cities have every right to demand their removal to museums and if not that, then to protest and deface them. I say this as the descendant of a Confederate soldier.

Doesn't mean I'd be down with defacing statues of our founding fathers. Different story.

Yet the problem with both sides is that if I'm not with one 100 percent then I'm the Other Team here to make them get in the boxcars, and because I am trying to do that, then turnabout is fair play.

That's why I basically don't say shit. I have no intention of drawing the ire of the radicals, nor of participating in their nonsense. If either side pushes me too far I get sarcastic, and because neither side understands irony I will probably get into a fight. I don't think I'm alone in this.

I have deep concerns that Donald Trump is unfit to be president and even deeper concerns that Joe Biden is literally struggling with dementia. The fact that we've been saddled with these two dipshits doesn't give me hope for the intelligence or civic duty of my fellow Americans.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    No, you are not. While I generally avoid day to day discussions on politics, when pushed by a true believer I tend towards the agree and amplify to levels of absurdity that would have had one institutionalized back when asylums still a thing.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All else aside, the Portland riots are enough for me to cast my vote for Trump. This lawlessness cannot be allowed to succeed.
    I don't even want to think about the scale of rioting if Trump is re-elected. The U.N. will be sending peacekeepers.

I haven't voted FOR anyone since 1980. Always the lesser of two evils. I do not like Trump as a person but have been in favor of many of his policies.

I think a Democratic victory (my brother is expecting a blue tsunami) would be an absolute disaster for the country that we would be unable to recover from.

God, I hate politics and politicians. Unfortunately, it seems everything has a political stench about it anymore.

Name:  Dogs2020.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  42.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    I don't even want to think about the scale of rioting if Trump is re-elected. The U.N. will be sending peacekeepers.
    ... to defend Antifa from oppression by US government forces? Only sort of kidding.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List