Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You know there are a shitload of US citizens who live South of the line for family and economic reasons and work / shop etc in the US, yes ?
    Sure, I do know this. But when my dog gets a letter to register to Vote in El Paso, something is really wrong. We need a Real ID that show citizenship, not residency. California hands out DLs like Food Stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    And Merrick Garland didn't even get a vote.
    So what, the Senate gets to decide who gets a vote or not. and honestly as Anti gun as he was, that is a good thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Sure, I do know this. But when my dog gets a letter to register to Vote in El Paso, something is really wrong. We need a Real ID that show citizenship, not residency. California hands out DLs like Food Stamps.
    Your dog voted for Beto didn’t he?

CA issues DLs to illegal does but TX doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Your dog voted for Beto didn’t he?

CA issues DLs to illegal does but TX doesn’t.
    Yep he was guilty for voting for him. LOL

Yes sir, and how many other states issue DLs to illegals. I believe NY and there might be a couple others. Then how hard is it to wait a few years and move to a new state like say NM, where there are places like Sunland Park that are so corrupt the DL office sells you info. Or how long do they wait to go to a naive state to get a DL from that state, and then start voting. I know several that go get SNAP at those states. My state is one, Oklahoma, the only thing we can ask for is a DL, if they have that we can not go any further down a rabbit hole of whether or not they are citizens. Its a messed up system, and people can take advantage of the voting, just like SNAP. That's all I am saying, we just need a real ID system for citizenship to be eligible to vote. But we all know, that will never happen.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...n-embezzlement

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-cra...own-corruption

https://nmpolitics.net/index/2012/04...-sunland-park/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    As many people believe that the liberal extremism is a existential threat to the country, there are a lot of people who believe that said orange pill is the same.

I think most people are certain the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The thing that concerns me is the people who fervently believe one way or the other.

For instance. The statues thing. I could not give a single shit about some cheaply made statues of Confederate Hee-roes. For one, I don't believe in participation trophies for losers. Two, most of them were erected in a hurry because of that pesky civil rights movement. Had to remind those uppity black people where they lived. I believe the residents of those cities have every right to demand their removal to museums and if not that, then to protest and deface them. I say this as the descendant of a Confederate soldier.

Doesn't mean I'd be down with defacing statues of our founding fathers. Different story.

Yet the problem with both sides is that if I'm not with one 100 percent then I'm the Other Team here to make them get in the boxcars, and because I am trying to do that, then turnabout is fair play.

That's why I basically don't say shit. I have no intention of drawing the ire of the radicals, nor of participating in their nonsense. If either side pushes me too far I get sarcastic, and because neither side understands irony I will probably get into a fight. I don't think I'm alone in this.

I have deep concerns that Donald Trump is unfit to be president and even deeper concerns that Joe Biden is literally struggling with dementia. The fact that we've been saddled with these two dipshits doesn't give me hope for the intelligence or civic duty of my fellow Americans.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Most Confederate monuments were erected between 1889 and 1929. Of those found at court houses, most of these were made by 1912. Various memorial societies funded most of them which is one reason that 55 percent were dedicated to the dead. The modern Civil Rights Movement, if determined by activism and widespread participation, began about 1950 and continues as an on-going phenomenon.

Yes, the one here that is causing great distress to the descendants of sharecroppers too poor to own a servant was put up in 1903. Frankly, I would move it to the war dead section of the cemetery as they wish and then say "You got it, now go away."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Ask any anthropologist who's worth a shit if a tribe of 330 million humans would ever work out in the long run.
    Identity politics and Internet echo chambers are nothing more than natural tribal instincts coming out.
    We will split up into smaller groups eventually, it's just a matter of how soon and how amicable those splits will be.

I think the Internet, 24/7 newsfotainment and lack of any real hardship or common outside enemy has made everyone actually look around at their neighbors and they often don't like what they see.
    Anonymous (and even "real name") social media has really opened my eyes to how much I really, really dislike a high percentage of my "fellow Americans".

I think the founders stumbled onto a good thing when they envisioned separate independent states with a weak federal government.
    If we'd have stuck to that plan we'd have 50 smaller "tribes" right now and I think we'd all be better off.
    Yep. Remember how patriotic everyone was in the weeks after 9/11 when the expectation was a dirty bomb mushroom cloud might appear over Chicago, or LA’s smog might get replaced with Sadam’s mustard gas? People acted like it was 1962 and Khrushchev had parked some SS-4s and R-14s 90 miles from Miami.

As a colleague of mine once wrote, “If Coyotes Were as Big as Minivans...”

http://journals.lww.com/em-news/Full...inivans.8.aspx
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yep. Remember how patriotic everyone was in the weeks after 9/11 when the expectation was a dirty bomb mushroom cloud might appear over Chicago, or LA’s smog might get replaced with Sadam’s mustard gas? People acted like it was 1962 and Khrushchev had parked some SS-4s and R-14s 90 miles from Miami.

As a colleague of mine once wrote, “If Coyotes Were as Big as Minivans...”

http://journals.lww.com/em-news/Full...inivans.8.aspx
    I must admit your friend Frank is into something with the Coyotes of Unusual Size. I expect the gene pool would clean up pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I must admit your friend Frank is into something with the Coyotes of Unusual Size. I expect the gene pool would clean up pretty quickly.
    Edwin Leap wrote that. More of his work can be found here: https://edwinleap.com/
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

I think the founders stumbled onto a good thing when they envisioned separate independent states with a weak federal government.
    If we'd have stuck to that plan we'd have 50 smaller "tribes" right now and I think we'd all be better off.
    The problem is that weak federal government is no longer weak, and seldom uses its massive power to enforce the things it was originally mandated to enforce.

I’m sadly coming to the conclusion that we have gotten so far off the rails that the only question is how fast the train wreck will be and how deep the gorge is. I am comforted in knowing that most “falls” in human history occur over decades or even centuries so ourselves and even our kids will be able to enjoy the greatest civilization humanity has ever achieved, but as Mr Scott was fond of saying - “I don’t know how much more she can take!”

User Tag List