Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think the "Silent Majority" is just becoming a hell of a lot more silent.
    In the current doxxing, cancel culture, red flag, violently unhinged leftists atmosphere can you blame them?
    It's at the point now a Trump sign in your yard is a good way to get your house burned down.
    Just try saying something as innocuous as "I think all lives matter" and a legion of lefty lunatics will bombard your employer, friends and associates with endless calls and emails until you're a pariah.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter

So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

I'm not optimistic.

Then there's this. A little farfetched but if there was ever a year for unlikely outcomes, it's 2020.

https://articlesofunity.org
    Last edited by modrecoil; 08-07-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    I feel trump has gone down because of all the BS that is going on.
    Y'know what we say about feelings on this forum. 😉

Trump's main brilliance has been realizing if you don't own anything, then it's easy to deny responsibility for all bad outcomes.

As demonstrated by bunch of test kits sitting on docks assembled by the UAE, then never paid for and left to rot.

To all those who think Trump will rush in with federal reaction if things get "real bad"......you think it's not "real bad" now?

Or is "real bad" the same sort of moving goalpost as " Covid 19 death count that shows we needed an actual national response?"

ETA: I am always supportive of a link to a Motorhead song.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    In the current doxxing, cancel culture, red flag, violently unhinged leftists atmosphere can you blame them?
    In early 2017 I was leaving a productive sales call in Madison and the potential client was leaving at the same time, so I knew it was HER car that had the "Obama 2020" sticker on it. At that point I figured I better keep my pie hole shut (including on social media) until I didn't need this job anymore. And my wife operates a business in the same industry, so I am keeping my head down and my powder dry.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 08-07-2020 at 09:15 PM.

It's at the point now a Trump sign in your yard is a good way to get your house burned down.
    Just try saying something as innocuous as "I think all lives matter" and a legion of lefty lunatics will bombard your employer, friends and associates with endless calls and emails until you're a pariah.
    My neighbor is a Trump supporter. He had a Trump sign on his garage/shop in 2016. I ask him if he was going to put it up again this year and he said probably not. He said all of his neighbors were democrats and he didn't want to offend anyone (get firebombed). Actually all of his neighbors aren't democrats. I'm not and neither is the guy that lives next door (unpaid federal employee 2018). We just aren't Trump supporters. He is correct in that I think mostly everyone in the neighborhood are democrats. It is western WA after all.

In some places I can see a Trump supporter being a pariah. NM is bluer than WA (by legislature count) if you can believe that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I lived on the border once, so take this with a grain of salt....

I voted at my local precinct exactly 3 miles from the crossing, one of the many, and personally saw a bus unload 60+ people and saw that many get back on. Now my first inclination was shoppers or day laberors from across the fence. Nope everyone got in line to vote. And that bus made three trips while I was waiting to vote for an hour and a half. 2008.

So did that bus go across the line, if it did not then it was picking up folks damn close to it.

Until we have a real citizenship ID in place you will never be able to right this ship.

Site Supporter
    Anyone else considering the validity of the heavy hitters in the Dem Party actually work-shopping these ideas:
    -respond to an apparent Trump re-election first by having Dem governors in Trump-supporting states send pro-Biden electors despite their states' vote totals
    - then having the west coast states threaten to secede
    - then encouraging a military coup.

This appears to be the leadership of the Dem Party, John Podesta prominent among them, actually plotting to overthrow the government and not even being secretive about it. If that isn't sedition, I must need a new dictionary.

Outlined here

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...-john-podesta/
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    I don't even want to think about the scale of rioting if Trump is re-elected. The U.N. will be sending peacekeepers.
    "Send bachelors and come heavily armed"
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I lived on the border once, so take this with a grain of salt....

I voted at my local precinct exactly 3 miles from the crossing, one of the many, and personally saw a bus unload 60+ people and saw that many get back on. Now my first inclination was shoppers or day laberors from across the fence. Nope everyone got in line to vote. And that bus made three trips while I was waiting to vote for an hour and a half. 2008.

So did that bus go across the line, if it did not then it was picking up folks damn close to it.

Until we have a real citizenship ID in place you will never be able to right this ship.
    You know there are a shitload of US citizens who live South of the line for family and economic reasons and work / shop etc in the US, yes ?

Site Supporter
    The far left lunatic wing of the Democrat party (at all levels from dog catcher to Washington D.C.) needs to be booted out in November.
    If that faction of the Democrat party gains actual power, it's over.

I'm optimistic there's enough people out there that are fed up with the bullshit and will vote in some actual moderates.
    But I'm also prepping, working out 6 days a week and training martial arts 3 days a week because if that lunatic left does get power, shit is going to get sporty Venezuelan style real fucking fast.
    Right where I'm at too.

Trump is the (realistic) candidate standing in the gap between a semblance of normalcy and outright communism.

Easy choice.

User Tag List