Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

So, Is There Enough of a Silent Majority To Stem the Tide?

...or are we doomed?

Seems to me if we ever needed the (mostly silent) masses to rise up and put an end to this overwhelming wave of insanity, it's now.

Ironic that the antidote comes in a fairly hard to swallow orange pill, and a bunch of red ones that haven't proven that they offer much more than a placebo effect.

Nonetheless, that seems to be where we stand and where the line is drawn in the sand.

This goes well beyond just the 2A, imho, as the entire Bill of Rights seems up for grabs. Too many seem ready and willng to tear down the Constitution along with those fusty old statues and unnecessary police precincts that used to be a part of everyday life in America.

Is it possible to reinstall truth and rational thought as virtues to be pursued?

I fervently hope so, for the sake of the republic and the citizens whose blood and effort built and maintained this nation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

^^^^This is one election where I almost won't care if the dead bodies rise up to vote Republican (for a change).

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Every person I have spoken with is both fed up and quite frankly scared. Whether it’s about Covid/masks, riots, the non-existent school system, pick something. They’re quiet about it, but start to chat a while and they get comfortable enough to tell you how they lean with this. I’m concerned about fraud.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Every person I have spoken with is both fed up and quite frankly scared. Whether it’s about Covid/masks, riots, the non-existent school system, pick something. They’re quiet about it, but start to chat a while and they get comfortable enough to tell you how they lean with this. I’m concerned about fraud.
    In which direction? One, the other or both?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This goes well beyond just the 2A, imho, as the entire Bill of Rights seems up for grabs. Too many seem ready and willng to tear down the Constitution along with those fusty old statues and unnecessary police precincts that used to be a part of everyday life in America.
    Recent events have me agreeing with this far more strongly than I would have in the past. With local governments ceding ground to include police precincts, the level of complicity is sort of stunning. And a backlash doesn't seem to be happening, yet. I'm hopeful for the next election cycle.

2a support is niche to a large extent. I hope that as people start to notice their favored non-niche amendments getting trampled, the liberals will show back up. I prefer them to the anarchists and marxists. I mean, are book burning and gulags on the horizon? Now, neither would surprise me.

The pendulum swinging back will depend on the supreme court showing back up as well. Their having not taken on ANY of the 2a cases this year was disappointing.

Site Supporter
    In which direction? One, the other or both?
    I can only remember reading about two types of suddenly-discovered ballot piles; piles from overseas Soldiers, and piles of crucially needed (D) votes in pivotal swing states/areas.

I'm sure (R) fraud has happened, I just haven't seen the huge story about it. If a big pile of (R) ballots showed up somewhere in the past 20 years, I cannot fucking imagine how the news media wouldn't be screaming about it from the rooftops to this day. Heaven knows they tried like hell to find that voter fraud in 2016.

The next 6 months are going to be interesting.

...or are we doomed?

Seems to me if we ever needed the (mostly silent) masses to rise up and put an end to this overwhelming wave of insanity, it's now.

Ironic that the antidote comes in a fairly hard to swallow orange pill, and a bunch of red ones that haven't proven that they offer much more than a placebo effect.
    I think there are enough in the "silent majority" to right the ship, but I believe there are enough in that group who don't care for Trump, and won't vote for him on principle, and we'll end up with Biden.

I made my mistake with Ross Perot. I won't do that again. You really only have two options. I'm not a fan of Trump's delivery, but I'd prefer four more years of him than a Biden Presidency and the potential for Democratic control of the the House and Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm sure (R) fraud has happened, I just haven't seen the huge story about it. If a big pile of (R) ballots showed up somewhere in the past 20 years, I cannot fucking imagine how the news media wouldn't be screaming about it from the rooftops to this day.
    How about the last 2 years instead of 20?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/two...election-fraud

Elections are monitored by Republicans and Democrats each looking for any excuse to cry foul, especially in swing states or districts where the results deviate from the expected results by any significant margin. It's how people like the morons in NC got caught.

It's also why savvy election shenanigans don't tamper with ballots, they just strategically close polling places where the 'wrong' voters live. That's not only more effective, it's also legal.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think there are enough in the "silent majority" to right the ship, but I believe there are enough in that group who don't care for Trump, and won't vote for him on principle, and we'll end up with Biden.

I made my mistake with Ross Perot. I won't do that again. You really only have two options. I'm not a fan of Trump's delivery, but I'd prefer four more years of him than a Biden Presidency and the potential for Democratic control of the the House and Senate.
    Yep. Hence the orange and red pills. Clothespin optional.

User Tag List