Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alone: Season 7 *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ya screw that. I don’t know anything about it but if I see an animals liver that looks like that I’m not eating any of it.

I don’t think anyone will make it to 100 days. There is only one episode left and to this point they are barely halfway.

I would rank them
    Roland
    Callie
    Kielyn
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Watching the season finale with the family now.
    #RESIST

I've watched every season of Alone, with the exception being "the beast" season or whatever.

I was pretty happy to see the winner take it home.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    Roland definitely deserved the win. He had the best shelter by far, best food stocks, and serious skills. That being said, it really sucked to see Callie get taken out by medical.I remember thinking that was a shitty way to be runner up when it happened in the 3rd season in Patagonia. It would have been far better to see which of the two of them stayed the longest. I was seriously impressed with Roland's skill and knowledge, and seriously impressed with Callie's ability to remain in high spirits the vast majority of the time. Two different strengths, but both of them really carried themselves well. I also don't mean to downplay Callie's skill. It was impressive, just not as much so as Roland's. I think if she wasn't medical'd, Roland would have still won. He seem'd to have far more firewood ready to go and was also trying his hand at ice fishing.

Great season.

Musk ox stomach contents? He earned the win. Thought Kielyn would have pulled it off; she was super impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Musk ox stomach contents? He earned the win. Thought Kielyn would have pulled it off; she was super impressive.
    I called it for Roland several episodes back. The only other contestant that could go head to head with Roland is Jordan from last season. Roland and Jordan are big league, the rest are minor leagues.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I called it for Roland several episodes back. The only other contestant that could go head to head with Roland is Jordan from last season. Roland and Jordan are big league, the rest are minor leagues.
    No doubt his lifetime of experience was in full display. Site selection is really an interesting component to the show as well. Timing of the lake freeze was clearly different for some, opening options. Getting a site that bordered migration patterns. Ultimately, those with a strong mindset, more than surface level knowledge and a superhuman work ethic to really stock up before the hard winter get the best results and offer the most knowledge and entertainment.

I’d love to see the tropical version of this soon.

Site Supporter
    I finally binge watched the entire seventh season -- the first I've watched of the Alone series. It was pretty good all the way through.

I started getting the feeling that Roland would win the contest early on. His shelter was well designed, the chimney allowed smoke to escape, and he always kept his wits about him.

A big win was that he had the good fortune of spotting the musk ox, got a good shot off, and then had the grit to get close and finish it. Clubbing the porcupine was a good move too. The ladies were actually both pretty impressive despite their low points, but Roland deserved to win IMO.

I just went back and started watching Season 6 and after the second episode no one really seems like they have a handle on the situation yet.

Site Supporter
    Okay after episode 3 of season 6 I find myself hoping the bears get some of the contestants.

Site Supporter
    More Season 6: Jordan appears to be cluefull. He may be able to bag a moose, we'll see. I am rooting for him.

One of the contestants has stabbed herself twice with sharp implements.

A dude cried over killing a squirrel for food. Later he fell in the lake.

What the hell was that Krav Maga (supposedly) escape from a front choke the one dude showed the camera? I take it he has never been choked by a strong person.

Come on bears, you can do it.

I just finished watching season 7 on Netflix. This was fascinating. Who would ever think about saving the contents of a musk ox belly to eat when you run out of other options? I did not think Roland would win because he was limited on his fishing which provides fat.

I have read about people starving on a steady diet of rabbit simply because rabbit provides no fat. I was thinking Keilyn would win simply because she got lucky in finding a fishing lure and could ice fish. Roland had an entire ox to eat, but it was lean.

Too bad no other seasons are available.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List