Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Beretta Hinted at on Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92x View Post
    I would be angry if not for the high quality troll by Beretta. I don't get how clothing is more profitable for them, who the heck is buying their clothing line?
    Part of the reason is, clothing is much easier to import to the U.S. (and anywhere else) than firearms are. And no doubt there’s a significant markup on clothing.. I’m guessing they buy from manufacturers in China, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, etc, for peanuts, and turn around and tack on $200 or whatever they think they can get away with... I remember reading an article a few years ago about this, one of the Beretta family members was wanting to ditch the firearms side of the family business, and just sell clothing, as he was figuring it was more profitable..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Part of the reason is, clothing is much easier to import to the U.S. (and anywhere else) than firearms are. And no doubt there’s a significant markup on clothing.. I’m guessing they buy from manufacturers in China, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, etc, for peanuts, and turn around and tack on $200 or whatever they think they can get away with... I remember reading an article a few years ago about this, one of the Beretta family members was wanting to ditch the firearms side of the family business, and just sell clothing, as he was figuring it was more profitable..
    Thats so bizarre to me, who would want a piece of beretta clothing if not to associate it with their firearms? Hikers, campers, athletes are shopping at rei and sport stores for their gear. I dont think anyone not involved with firearms is buying a wicking shirt from beretta vs the outdoor clothing companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92x View Post
    Thats so bizarre to me, who would want a piece of beretta clothing if not to associate it with their firearms? Hikers, campers, athletes are shopping at rei and sport stores for their gear. I dont think anyone not involved with firearms is buying a wicking shirt from beretta vs the outdoor clothing companies.
    I hear you, but like all businesses that sell clothing, they know just how much they'll sell at retail and at each discount level. In normal times, clothing is far more profitable and easier to sell than guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List