Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OIS Wisconsin, attack with blades

Makes me think of @Mr_White ‘s “off the X” or whatever drill. Sorry I don’t remember what he calls it, but the idea is to be moving, drawing, and shooting all at the same time. Very few people work on that.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

In the overhead video, it appears that when the subject turns towards him at the initial greeting, the officer moves away from his vehicle. I’m guessing to give himself an unobstructed sight line? What are the pros and cons of doing that vs. moving behind the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    One of my first thoughts (I could be wrong) is the suspect has psychosis issues.
    Damn I guess they havent taken funds away from the police to fund the social workers yet.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Damn I guess they havent taken funds away from the police to fund the social workers yet.
    Two Social workers: There he is. How big is he? Big. He is supposed to have a knife. I see two knives. (5 minutes later). Yeah boss. We couldn’t find the guy. He was gone by the time we got there.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Makes me think of @Mr_White ‘s “off the X” or whatever drill. Sorry I don’t remember what he calls it, but the idea is to be moving, drawing, and shooting all at the same time. Very few people work on that.

Having taken Gabe’s class once, I can say there is quite a lot in his curriculum to unpack, this drill in particular. I’ve got a pot of ammo dedicated in reserve till I can take his course a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah that was a pretty sobering reminder.

*looks over at my Ruger LCR*

Hmmm.
    Dude, I have the same thought. Frequently.

There are times when a j frame in the pocket is the only thing I can carry. But I absolutely hate being down to just that.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Another statical point for racist cops and a disproportionate use of force.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lice-shootings

Site Supporter
    Kevan's family is reviewing hundreds of pages of police reports and conducting their own investigation, and will release a statement after they have reviewed all the evidence.
    How often do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Dude, I have the same thought. Frequently.

There are times when a j frame in the pocket is the only thing I can carry. But I absolutely hate being down to just that.
    Yeah, amen.

I went ahead and loaded up my G19 for carry. It's my USPSA gun and weighted down with a bunch of extra stuff to add weight, so it is a little porky. Full rig in a JM CK IWB 3 15+1 weighs in at 37.9 oz. Looking forward to getting my JM CK order completed with Tony for my IWB 3 for the Sig P365XL; I estimate the weight of the gun plus holster plus mag plus 12+1 to be about 30 oz.

Still, it was fairly reassuring to have my Glock 19 on yesterday. The LCR can go back to being my Netflix gun. I need to stop kidding myself that the Ruger is a good option being out and about these days, really.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Listening to the LEO post shooting just breaks may heart. Good that it worked out like it did.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List