Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: William Aprill has passed away

Site Supporter
    With shock and profound sadness I learned today of the loss of my good friend, William Aprill. The training community has lost a great mind and a true friend.

I first met William well over 20 years ago when he took a class of mine at some police range in Alabama. I immediately recognized that he had a great deal of talent with a handgun. Later, he was one of very few people to earn an Advanced rating at the Rogers School shooting from concealment. In that first class together, I also recognized someone with a keen intellect and a vast and deep understanding of the workings of the criminal mind.

We had dinner during that class so many years ago, and I loved his sense of humor and humility. I believe he presented at every Tactical Conference we’ve put on, as well as many other conferences. He was a unique individual, and he will be sorely missed.

Sad to hear. I never met him, but his material was always helpful.

I listened partway though the latest Ballistic Radio where he is the guest this morning.

What terrible news today! I'm so sorry to hear this. I have not spent as much time with William as some of us have, and I wish I knew him better. I'm sure glad to have gotten to meet and train with him for a few days though. I'll remember you fondly William.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    That's a real loss. I was truly impressed when I listened to him or read his work. Sympathies to friends and family.

Very sorry to hear this. Godspeed.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Something else worthy of note:

William was someone who came to his PHD after having spent time in policing. He understood violence and especially understood those who had the need to use violence in defense of themselves, of society, or in service to their country. You could refer someone to him and be sure they weren't going to get treated like a monster by some douchebag who had the degree but none of the understanding it was supposed to signify.
    3/15/2016

It's a sad day.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Rare to have someone that educated about the human mind putting it to use in the field of criminal science.
    Seemed like a very down to earth person and a good Man.
    My deepest sympathies to his family and Friends for there loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    I immediately recognized that he had a great deal of talent with a handgun. Later, he was one of very few people to earn an Advanced rating at the Rogers School shooting from concealment.
    Not sure if it was his first time, but I was in a class with him at Rogers where he shot Advanced from concealment. He was extremely skilled, but even more impressive than his great shooting was his intellect.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just made an account and this is the first thing I see.

Immensely enjoyed his work. First heard the name while listening to BallisticRadio.

Deeply saddened by this tremendous loss.

User Tag List