Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: William Aprill has passed away

So sad to hear this. Prayers for his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His Unthinkable class was fantastic, and changed the way I look at other people in public. I regret not taking it again with my wife. He was certainly an expert of the content he taught, and delivered the information in a most excellent way. RIP, sir.

Site Supporter
    Shockingly bad news!

One of my favorite people to listen to. I made a point to hit every podcast i could with him featured and his series on social media were one of a kind (they are not you Tuesday and fightback Friday being top notch favorites).

My condolences to all who knew him. I can feel the loss jabbing never met and can't imagine that of those who did.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Heartbreaking. William had been a guest speaker at our reunion just last December.

He was a brilliant, compassionate man and one of the most compelling speakers ever. And a formidable practitioner of the related physical skills. His generosity with his knowledge and skills was epic.

In discussing it today with Cecil, we both agreed that we can't think of anyone who can truly replace him in what he taught.

Thank you for getting the word out, @TCinVA

My condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.
    I too had him on a short list of instructors I was planning to study with.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 08-06-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

His social media posts were always a reality check. I had hoped to make it to his class someday, though I never met him.

This sucks.

Oh no. Absolutely heartbreaking news. I saw his generosity first hand at PeP, his teaching first hand in class, and his humor and insight first hand at the too-rare brewpub dinner. His POI really was important, his presentation unique, and his personality unforgettable.

This is truly dejecting news in a year that’s famous for such.

Godspeed, Maestro.

Man two hours ago I was listening to one of his older podcasts and thinking of how much I’d love to retake one of his seminars, and was hoping to convince some family members to come too.

My condolences to close friends/family/Shivworks collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Oh, no. I was watching his 'Violent Criminal Actors' DVD earlier this week. My wife and I were actively planning on taking his seminar again. He struck both of us as a genuinely good guy on top of being a top notch educator.

He was one of the best human beings you would ever meet. When my mother passed away a few months ago, he texted or called me every day to check on me and make sure I was okay. This while going through his own medical fight and him facing up to his own mortality. But it was important to him that I was going to be okay more than his own struggle.

THAT is the kind of man he was.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List