Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: William Aprill has passed away

This is heartbreaking news.

I salute a life well-lived.

Prayers for family, and those close to him.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

A unbelievable loss...

Name:  20200807_112054.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  83.4 KB

Good article about William by Steve Moses: https://ccwsafe.com/blog/33433

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Thanks for this. There is some great stuff buried in those links only one click removed. Worth exploring.

Based on what I’d read of him here and there over the years I knew he was one of the giants I wanted to learn from one day. Over the last week or so I’ve listened in the car to hours and hours of his interviews on various podcasts and now I understand why his loss is felt so deeply. Wow, he was one uniquely amazing guy. I’m sorry that I’ll never get to experience him, but so much more sorry for his family and his friends here and elsewhere.

Can I ask what happened to him?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Rob Pincus has made William Aprill’s PDN videos free to the public. Plus, he put together an index of Dr. Aprill's other audio and video appearances:

https://www.personaldefensenetwork.c...williamaprill/
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Keep the legacy pure

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Something else worthy of note:

William was someone who came to his PHD after having spent time in policing. He understood violence and especially understood those who had the need to use violence in defense of themselves, of society, or in service to their country. You could refer someone to him and be sure they weren't going to get treated like a monster by some douchebag who had the degree but none of the understanding it was supposed to signify.
    It is truly touching to read the great love and admiration everyone here has expressed for my brother William. I am amazed and lifted to know he had such a powerful impact on those he met. I write this with a bit of sadness though that I might offend some of you but I write to make sure his legacy continues in honesty not sullied by falsity. My brother was not a doctor. He held neither a PhD or an MD. I know many called him Doc and he was an expert in his field to be sure...but he did not hold any form of doctoral degree and I believe this needs to be understood in future reference to him and his work. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaprill View Post
    It is truly touching to read the great love and admiration everyone here has expressed for my brother William. I am amazed and lifted to know he had such a powerful impact on those he met. I write this with a bit of sadness though that I might offend some of you but I write to make sure his legacy continues in honesty not sullied by falsity. My brother was not a doctor. He held neither a PhD or an MD. I know many called him Doc and he was an expert in his field to be sure...but he did not hold any form of doctoral degree and I believe this needs to be understood in future reference to him and his work. Thank you.
    Thank you for sharing this information. Your brother's work will be us for a long time--a valuable guide.

User Tag List