Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: William Aprill has passed away

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

William Aprill has passed away

William was an invaluable resource to the training world. He had a better way of communicating what good people need to know about bad people than anything else I've seen.

Apart from that, he was a superbly generous human being. I sent people he'd never had any contact with to him for help with their own situation or that of a loved one and he helped them solely because I referred them. All without question or compensation.

Something very few people know is that in some of Todd's final days, Craig and William came to visit him. I showed up as well. Todd genuinely liked and respected both men and they were one of the small list of people Todd was actually pleased to see. It meant a lot to him that they came and paid their respects.

After our all-too-brief visit with Todd they bought me lunch. I remember sitting there utterly dejected as I saw just how much Todd's condition had declined since my previous visit just a couple of days earlier. William told me what was important in these last precious moments with a friend and gave me an assignment so I could busy myself doing something useful and ultimately meaningful instead of just standing by helplessly.

William was an intelligent, insightful, capable, and ultimately very humble man who helped more people than any of us can possibly know.

My deepest condolences go out to Craig, Cecil, Paul, Chris, and Larry on the loss of one of the pillars of the Shivworks collective.

William deserved to be with us for a lot longer.

The world is worse off for having lost him.
    3/15/2016

We are diminished.
    #RESIST

Sad day for sure. A huge loss to the community. God Speed to Dr Aprill.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

So sad to hear this. William was on my short list of people to study under.

Godspeed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Oh, no. I was watching his 'Violent Criminal Actors' DVD earlier this week. My wife and I were actively planning on taking his seminar again. He struck both of us as a genuinely good guy on top of being a top notch educator.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Oh no.

God speed, William Aprill.

I'm even more glad I got to go to his seminar now.

Damn. I’m really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with his loved ones.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Fuck. Such a genuine, selfless guy in every interaction I had with him. Big loss for our community.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Fuck.

What a loss.

I never met Mr. Aprill, but it was always on the back of my mind to try and get into one of his seminars, but it never worked out. How sad to hear. Rest in Peace, sir.

User Tag List