Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Seeks to Break Up National Rifle Association over Financial Malfeasance

While the NRA demonstrably needs the current leadership tossed out for blatant fuckery, New York going after them for corruption is laughable. This situation is pretty aptly illustrated with that Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme. They might honestly have a valid case, but let’s not pretend it’s the basis for why they’re going after them.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Not sure why you need to dissolve the org rather than criminally charging the leadership that committed fraud...
    Because it’s about the culture war against guns not the financial malfeasance.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Because it’s about the culture war against guns not the financial malfeasance.
    Shit is always rhetorical when it comes to guns and the anti culture...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I suppose my first question is whether or not the accusations are true.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    There is a very long thread here discussing the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

It might be interesting if the NY AG's office was negotiating with the NRA before filing the suit. If so and the negotiations for a settlement were not successful, the suit might be a means of putting pressure on the leadership to resign and/or pay restitution. I believe LaPierre and company would burn the NRA down before taking a personal hit or income cut.

Larry Correia's comment from FB:
    A few things from my perspective on New York trying to dissolve the NRA (keeping in mind this just broke and I don't know many details yet):

1. Wayne LaPierre is super corrupt, so every negative thing he is accused of is probably accurate. He was past his expiration date a decade ago.

2. There was a fight in recent years to keep the NRA to its mission and not just be the WLP slush fund, but Wayne won.

3. However, the narrative of "New York politicians try to destroy the NRA right before election" is probably going to be the biggest political fund raiser in history.

4. Because gun owners mostly don't know who WLP is, don't really know what the NRA does good or bad, but they are loyal to the IDEA of what the NRA does.

5. Which means that even if they dissolve the NRA, all those gun owners, their money, and gun rights activists aren't going to suddenly vanish (sorry, libs). They'll go to other orgs, some of which are more focused and dedicated to the mission than the NRA is. (however, some of these can/will be just as inept/corrupt).

6. Even with the WLP and Ack/Mack clown show, the NRA is still the 800 pound gorilla with the clout, reach, and contacts, so ideally WLP gets burned at the stake, the NRA cleans house, and refocuses on its actually mission.

7. If #6 doesn't shake out, expect to see one of the current smaller orgs turn into the new NRA.

8. After a year of record gun sales to newbs thinking we are on the verge of societal collapse, with blue flu and mayors letting chaos reign, the whole "only the police should have guns" argument falls flat. Even the usual gun control parrots are remarkably silent about "assault weapons" while Black Lives Matter is carrying them. Nobody wants gun control right now, so this might actually be a good time to shake up the NRA.

9. That said, we had better get our shit together FAST, because the left's moral compass is a wind sock, and though they hate the police and love them some AR-15s today, they'll be happy to go back to banning guns tomorrow and bragging about how they'll send the police to kill you if you refuse to turn them in.

10. NRA leadership can suck AND New York can be a bunch of hypocritical douches for only going after the non-profits they don't like. These two things aren't mutually exclusive. Just because New York consistently sucks doesn't mean WLP is an innocent victim here.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Not sure why you need to dissolve the org rather than criminally charging the leadership that committed fraud...
    Because your goal is to impede the organization’s goals for politics reasons, not actually punish wrongdoers and protect the honest members?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Because your goal is to impede the organization’s goals for politics reasons, not actually punish wrongdoers and protect the honest members?
    It was a rhetorical comment

So I guess the big banks and media conglomerates are next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    It also weakens their campaign plans by tying up personnel and resources. Fund raising drops if you seem like a crook. Thus the timing and the election is related.

User Tag List